Basic Skills Necessary:
- Crochet in rounds
- Single crochet
- Slip stitch
- Double crochet
Finished size: --------------------------------------
Finished size approx. 15 cm (6 inches). if you use 1.1 mm hook.
About this pattern
We use USA terminology in this pattern (don't worry if you use UK terms, all the differences are explained in the pattern).
This pattern is easy to follow with step-by-step instructions (14 pages with detailed instructions, tips, photos illustrating the process)
This is a downloadable pattern. It will be sent to you in PDF format. You will need Adobe Reader to access it. It's a free download. You can find at adobe.com.
This pattern is for personal use. This pattern is protected by under Creative Commons Attribution - Non Commercial - No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License. You also may not use this pattern or the product produced from this pattern for retail or commercial purpose. Thank you!
- Yarn - 2 threads:
- 1st thread (Lace / 2 ply) - white Kid mohair (250 m/275 yards x 25 g/0.9 ounces) you need - 100 m (110 yards);
- 2nd thread (Cobweb / 1 ply) - white thin wool or wool mixture (400 m/440 yards - 25 g/0.9 ounces) you need - 100 m (110 yards);
- Hook 1.1 mm or 1.25 mm
- Marbles with one flat side (you can find them in pet shops as ground for aquarium) - 2 pieces, diameter 12-14 mm.
- Heavy round thing such as pebbles, about 4 cm in diameter, to weight the base. (you can use marbles).
- 20 cm (8 inches) of 2 mm diameter copper wire or 1 mm diameter steel wire.
- 60 cm (34 inches) of fishing line for whiskers. Stuffing: holofiber or padding polyester.
- Tapestry needle for tightenings.
- Plaster adhesive-backed fabric tape.
- Black bead for the nose 5-6 mm.
- Black acrylic paint for fabric for tinting (optional).
- Brush for combing (optional) or velcro.
- Superglue (preferably gel)
You Will Also Need:
Read blog or news article about this pattern »
- You can use 2 threads of Kid mohair if you don't have (Cobweb / 1 ply) white thin wool. If you don't want to use two threads you can use yarn that is 450 m/500 yards per 100 g/3.5 ounces thickness (Fingering / 4 ply)