Basic Skills Necessary:
- Single Crochet
- Double crochet
- Slip stitch
- Crochet in rounds
Hello! My name is Fillimon
I am a homeless, lonely cat. People say that I'm from a noble breed of hairless cats, but I did not know my family and, therefore, I am a bit sad.
You may think I'm not handsome, but inside I'm white and fluffy.
I am looking for a good and caring hostess who will gladly welcome me into her warm and cozy house, somewhere near the beach; or, maybe it will be a lovely house surrounded by a green garden ... Hopefully, I will not give you much trouble; and, I will certainly make friends with other people in your house and definitely with pets (if you have them).
One thing I know for sure, I'm lucky, and I will find my happiness in a "forever home!!!"
Sizing / Finished Measurements:
- About 50 cm (20 inches) in length, including tail (sitting position is about 30 cm (12 inches)) if you use 1.3 mm hook.
Read blog or news article about this pattern »
- Yarn, (I use Alize Lara (Bulky), 100 grams/ 400 m (440 yards) (Turkey)).
- Oddments of darker yarn for the nose
- Steel hook 1.30 mm (US - 10, UK- 5 1/2)
- Approximately 200 cm (79 inches) long single core copper PVC electrical wire 3 mm diameter in total (preferably white color to make sure it is not visible behind stuffing)
- Stuffing Fibrefill
- A little bit of blue felt for eyes or any color you like.
- 2 medium size bulging black shank buttons 0.5-1 cm (0.20-0.40 inches) in diameter for eyes
- Ruler for measurements
- Fabric-based Band-Aid (plaster) tape 1-1.5 cm (0.40-0.60 inches) width (it is a white fabric tape, comes in a roll, used to stick gauze pads to wounds) for joining wire pieces together
- 1 medium size plastic bead for Adam's apple
- Fishing line for whiskers (about 100 cm (40 inches) long
- Sewing needle or tapestry needle
- Sewing thread the same color as yarn
- Small piece of Velcro to backcomb the cat
- Sand paper, file or nail file (to work tips of the claws)
- Pliers for cutting wire