Basic Skills Necessary:
- The pattern assumes basic familiarity with Tunisian crochet, specifically how each row is worked as two separate passes and how to work the Tunisian simple stitch. You should also know how to work the crab stitch for the edging of your blanket.
- Detailed instructions and a picture tutorial for the first few rounds are included.
Tunisian Shell Blanket is a simple, cozy and addictive project, which uses the Tunisian crochet technique. Each shell element of the blanket is small enough to place all of your stitches on a regular crochet hook.
The finished measurements are guidelines and you can make this blanket smaller or larger by working with thinner or thicker yarn, or working fewer or more rounds.
14 sts and 10 rows in Tss = 4" (10cm) x 4" (10cm)
Sizing / Finished Measurements:
- 38" (96cm) in diameter
- 19" (48cm) side length
- 31 1/2" (80cm) wide
Read blog or news article about this pattern »
- Yarn: Aran (10ply), 90% wool, 10% nylon, 164yd (150m) per 100g, 656yd (600m) in total
- Regular crochet hook in size US I (5.5mm)
- Yarn needle to weave in ends
- 25 removable stitch markers