Basic Skills Necessary:
- Knitting flat or in riunds, Purl, Knit, Decrease. Double crochet, Treble, Slip stitch
Christmas is coming along really fast!!
It's time to start thinking about how to decorate your house or office.
You can crochet this wonderful Christmas tree to decorate any place or to give as a present to someone dearest.Have fun decorating it!
You can experiment with different colors of holiday yarn and decorate with miniature bells, beads, stars and ornaments.
You can also put tiny presents next to it.
It will look fabulous on your Christmas table, windowsill, next to your bed or in any place you prefer.
28 stitches and 40 rows in 10 x 10 cm (4 x 4 inches) st st swatch.
8 shell stitch clusters in 15 cm (6 inches).
Ch 50 (it should be approx. 18 cm long (7 inches))
Starting from 3rd st from the hook (3 dc, 2 tr, 3 dc - in 1 st, skip 2 sts, 1 sl st, skip 2 sts) - repeat 8 times.
Sizing / Finished Measurements:
- Approx. 25-27 cm (9-10 inches) tall
- Yarn DK / 8 ply - 100 g dark green and 20 g brown (yarn recommended: 230-300 m per 100 g).
- A pair of 2.5 mm (US 1.5 or 2) knitting needles
- Stuffing - holofiber (or padding polyester)
- Foam rubber for the trunk
- 3 CDs
- PVA glue
- For 'Cheery Christmas Tree'
- Some white fuzzy yarn for the brim, light green yarn for the nose, 20 g of read for the hat.
- Eyes for toys
- For 'Spruce Christmas Tree'
- Steel Hook 2 (US steel hook 1)
- Eyes for toys
- 8 - 10 mm beads in different colors for decoration
- Something heavy to add weight to the base of the tree (pebble for example).
- Narrow wooden dowel for additional stability.