Basic Skills Necessary:
Cookies is a crocheted cardigan made of hexagonal motifs, which, with the specific joining method, mimics needlepoint lace and creates a spectacular stitch pattern of circles.
The fronts are slightly over-sized for a cozy and comfortable fit.
Strategically placed pentagonal motifs are used to create smooth, flowing lines on the fronts, to achieve a straight neckline, and to taper the bottom of the sleeves while still maintaining the continuity of the circular pattern.
S (M, L): 1431 (2174, 2278)yds/1309 (1988, 2083)m
One skein of Malabrigo Lace is enough to crochet 45 motifs.
Sizing / Finished Measurements:
- Layouts are provided for three sizes (S, M, L) with finished dimensions listed below. Alternatively, you may make your own sizing by simply changing the motif gauge (by making it larger or smaller). Please do bear in mind that if your gauge is different from the stated, your yardage requirements will also change.
- S: bust 29...-311/2 (74-80cm), back width 153/4 (40cm), underarm to bottom edge 13 (33cm), underarm to end of sleeve 153/4 (40cm)
- M: bust 35...-373/4 (90-96cm), back width 19 (48cm), underarm to bottom edge 15... (39cm), underarm to end of sleeve 181/2 (47cm)
- L: bust 41-44... (104-112cm), back width 211/4 (54cm), underarm to bottom edge 15... (39cm), underarm to end of sleeve 181/2 (47cm)
- Malabrigo Lace, 100% merino, 470yd (430m) per 50g skein, 4 (5, 5) skeins total
- Hook: US C (2.75mm), US B (2.25mm)
- Yarn needle to weave in ends
Read blog or news article about this pattern »