Add your comment:

mill_rose0 on craftsy.com
mill_rose0  April 7, 2014 11:12 AM

I'm just getting back in to crochet after 28 year's , and I've had no trouble reading the pattern, it is turning out beautifully. But I would reslly LOVE to find the same yarn used in the photo- it is so lovely yet casual!

lokicrawf1532170254 on craftsy.com
lokicrawf1532170254  March 19, 2014 10:26 AM

I'm really disturbed to see comments saying how clearly written this pattern is because it definitely is not...the counts are off, the wrong terms are being used and I finally had to stop trying to use the pattern and wing it...I'm only hear because I'm trying to figure out how to get my money back...

bkillen572503530 on craftsy.com
bkillen572503530  December 22, 2013 9:17 PM

My daughter liked this pattern and requested it for Christmas. However, starting at row 20, there is a statement "Stepping to the necessay place-Sl in the next (ch-1, dc, ch-1, dc). Would someone please explain this to me? Thank You

Nikki Carcelli on craftsy.com
Nikki Carcelli  December 24, 2013 8:11 PM

Yes, I also don't understand that part...

Danielle Carter on craftsy.com
Danielle Carter  January 19, 2014 2:45 PM

did you ever get it figured out and finished????

lmccracke2422799 on craftsy.com
lmccracke2422799  December 11, 2013 7:06 PM

very clearly written. beautiful pattern! thank you!

By Vavo with Love on craftsy.com
By Vavo with Love  March 8, 2014 7:45 PM

there are comments above regarding something not being too clear. Can you advise.?

celiatrout on craftsy.com
celiatrout  November 1, 2013 1:37 PM

I found this pattern to be VERY clearly and expertly written and not hard to follow. If you are a beginner crocheter or have not worked in rounds before, this may present a challenge. The cowl turned out beautifully and I plan on making more for gifts.

I probably would have had problems with this when I was a beginner. It's a long and very detailed pattern. My advice is to count your stitches very carefully, use stitch markers as noted, and read each line of the pattern slowly and carefully. I use a pencil to lightly cross out parts that I have completed so I don't lose my place.

Beautiful design!

plushhorse87 on craftsy.com
plushhorse87  September 16, 2013 6:47 AM

I love this pattern! It takes a little time getting used to the pattern directions, but once you understand it, you can really finish it in no time at all! Such a beautiufl scarf! I can't wait to hear the comments my teenage daughter gets today after wearing it to school. I used Caron Country, which is discontinued but can be found very cheaply on the internet. Making another one out of Caron Spa and thinking of making another one in Bernat Cotton-ish! Thank you!

plushhorse87 on craftsy.com
plushhorse87  September 16, 2013 6:49 AM

By the way, I didn't find the pattern confusing if you take some time read it properly...it works up exactly as written, and like I said in my previous post, once you figure out and examine where your stitches are going, it works up extremely fast!

Kirsty2715 on craftsy.com
Kirsty2715  May 4, 2013 2:21 AM

Lovely pattern! Follow it to the letter and it works. A chart of the whole thing would be very helpful though

Alexis Antoszewski on craftsy.com
Alexis Antoszewski  November 27, 2013 8:28 AM

I"m finding that this pattern is a little off. Where it says things like "skip 1 ch , DC, 1 CH, DC" i dont have those stitches.. instead i'll have a chain 3 or something. I've had to improvise with this pattern and sort of match it visually to the beginning of the row. I really dislike how the skips are written and how the pattern is layed out. It makes it extremely difficult to look at your work and quickly glance back at the pattern. My work looks really pretty-- I'm just hoping I can finish it. I'll post pictures when I finish.

dragonbut0 on craftsy.com
dragonbut0  February 19, 2014 7:29 PM

I haven't had a problem following the pattern and the part about stepping to the necessary place, I just did my own thing and it worked, but my scarf is Huge. Seems much wider than the picture and I have to wrap it 3 times abound my neck to get the bottom point above my waist! I used a 6.5mm needle. Anyone else have this issue?

sagechavez on craftsy.com
sagechavez  December 30, 2012 9:25 PM

Can anyone complete the diagram of this pattern for me?? The wording of this pattern is too confusing, I am unable to complete this pattern past the 9th row:/

saublesand on craftsy.com
saublesand  January 3, 2013 9:36 PM

The pattern does work just finish up the 9th row and really read the next rows and work them accordingly. My SIL also purchased the pattern and I gave her advanced warning about how it was written and she managed to get it worked out. Don't get frustrated...I'm actually considering working up another scarf or two or three now that I made it through the first one. BTW it is VERY nice on so don't give up. As for diagram maybe someone else could help out with this as I"m not very good at making them.

sagechavez on craftsy.com
sagechavez  January 5, 2013 9:07 AM

Alright, thanks for the encouragement, I will try again :)

twolilos on craftsy.com
twolilos  September 10, 2012 2:01 PM

Hi, I bought this pattern last night, and am struggling a bit - but I think that's just because I can't visualise where I am! Do you start at the bottom of the triangle part of the cowl? Thank you! X

sagechavez on craftsy.com
sagechavez  December 17, 2012 8:02 PM

Yeah, I seam to be struggling a bit myself when in the beginning of the pattern it says to crochet in chain one, does that mean the first chain from the hook, or the first chain in the sequence of 7?!

saublesand on craftsy.com
saublesand  December 26, 2012 6:43 AM

Maybe I can help those of you who are struggling with this pattern. You need to take the time and read through each row of the pattern before you work the particular row you are on. The pattern will work for you as long as you follow it step by step. Sagechavez the first row is a chain 7 then work a tripe crochet in the first chain you casted on...it will make a loop but once you start to work the second row you will start to see the point or the bottom of the triangle starting. If you look at the diagram it is worked in a triangle up to row 16 where at this point you chain 162 and slip stitch to the opposite side of the triangle creating the loop that will go around your neck. I found given the yarn I used that I can easily wrap the loop much like an infinity scarf two times but if you want a more draped look like in the photo looping it once works. The fringe really adds to this design. Steaming will help block your work also. If you need any more assistance just post and I'll see if I can walk you through. Remember the pattern works exactly as it is written...I was frustrated at first too but once you get used to the creators written style for the pattern you will succeed in making this project and be proud of it! Good luck :)

sagechavez on craftsy.com
sagechavez  December 27, 2012 8:58 AM

Thanks!! Think I will have another go at the pattern now:)

saublesand on craftsy.com
saublesand  December 27, 2012 5:24 PM

Good luck and if you get stuck just send me a message and I'll help you out.

HereKittyKitty on craftsy.com
HereKittyKitty  December 28, 2012 1:11 AM

Oh my goodness. I am struggling in such a major way with this patten. I was able to follow the diagram without problems, but once the pattern continues past the diagram, I am completely lost again. I'm not sure if this is a pattern style that I am just unfamiliar with, but the way this pattern is worded is nothing I've encountered before and I am not able to follow it AT ALL!
Frustrated!!

sagechavez on craftsy.com
sagechavez  December 29, 2012 5:54 PM

Me too!! The diagram up to row 9 is VERY comprehensive and looked exactly as the picture showed, but once I started solely with the written portion of the pattern I am just aghast!! I wish the whole pattern could be in diagram form, the written bit is throwing me WAY off:(

alsgal on craftsy.com
alsgal  February 6, 2013 3:23 PM

Sagechavez were you able to finish the pattern? I love the look of it, but wonder if I could figure out the pattern.

sagechavez on craftsy.com
sagechavez  February 13, 2013 10:32 AM

I've had a fellow vet crocheter finish this cowl for me so I have a guide. That's the only way I've been able to figure it out....I will try and post some more close-up pictures of my finished project asap!!!

Jen B on craftsy.com
Jen B  February 20, 2013 5:51 PM

Can anyone tell me if by the 13th row your scarf is sort of bunch-y and ruffling? Just like you guys I was doing great up to the 9th row with the diagram, but now I'm struggling.

alsgal on craftsy.com
alsgal  February 22, 2013 4:22 PM

I'm still trying to decide if I should try it. Want to hear some good reports before I try!!! : )

sagechavez on craftsy.com
sagechavez  February 24, 2013 6:05 PM

just figured it out past row 9...SUPER easy!!! Keep with it!!!

sagechavez on craftsy.com
sagechavez  February 25, 2013 1:02 PM

OK...Now I am on row 17 after the 162 chain stitches and once again LOST!!! I thought I had this pattern licked, but now I'm not so sure :/
HELP!!

alsgal on craftsy.com
alsgal  April 6, 2013 5:18 PM

I still keep coming back to this pattern!!! I want to know if you figured it out, sagechavez?

texellenc349855 on craftsy.com
texellenc349855  August 3, 2013 9:56 AM

Does the author intend to rewrite the instruction so they won;t be so confusing? This sounds like a wonderful pattern, but I am afraid yo buy it if it is frustrating this many people...

Danielle Carter on craftsy.com
Danielle Carter  January 19, 2014 2:44 PM

I so want to buy this pattern, but I am skeptical now. I am a vet crocheter but I have seen some patterns that made my brain feel like scrambled eggs. Anyone have any real luck with it since the last person posted?? if I can see a picture of someone's completed work, then I will buy it.

tam281369561 on craftsy.com
tam281369561  January 22, 2014 10:21 AM

I would like to purchase this pattern as well. I would also like to know what you are finding is the best yarn to use for this??

saddlebag3075974 on craftsy.com
saddlebag3075974  February 8, 2014 5:05 AM

I like to have fun and get things done I am wondering if this is for me love the look any other patterns out there like this but easier

threebear1049480 on craftsy.com
threebear1049480  March 7, 2014 6:29 PM

Got to row 9 and I'm stuck. So frustrating!!!!!! I will do it. A chart of the whole thing would be awesome

threebear1049480 on craftsy.com
threebear1049480  March 7, 2014 9:36 PM

So 5 hrs from my last post and its almost done. I started another one with different yarn and couldn't put it down. I olny have 2 more rounds but I'm exhausted

threebear1049480 on craftsy.com
threebear1049480  April 11, 2014 1:53 PM

I've since made 2 more of these scarfs and LOVE the pattern!

Triangle Cowl Pattern