Heathered Slouch Tam

from Designs by Melody

Add your comment:

cjB84 on craftsy.com
cjB84  October 4, 2013 11:54 AM

Think this pattern needs reviewing. Mistakes in wording and could do with being a bit more comprehensive

Melmaria on craftsy.com
Melmaria  October 11, 2013 10:04 AM

Hi! Thank you so much for the feedback. Could you tell me exactly what you think needs improvement in the pattern? I've had it downloaded over a thousand times on Ravelry and hundreds of times here in Craftsy and haven't had anyone tell me it was hard to understand yet. Please let me know what you think needs to be rewritten/reworded. Thank you! I really appreciate the input.

cjB84 on craftsy.com
cjB84  October 18, 2013 3:46 AM

Ok

cjB84 on craftsy.com
cjB84  October 18, 2013 3:46 AM

It would be nice to have the British equivalent of yarn weight as i have no idea what weight your 2 suggestions would be. Round 1 is dc the n goes into tr but you keep stating "work tr in next dc"when you mean "work tr in next tr" having the number pf stitches at the end of each round would make it easier for people to see they have got the pattern right. The continue increasing in this way bit could read "rnd 5-? Continue increasing same way same way as in rnd 4" people would know they have the correct number of rounds. Increasing same way as in rnd 4 i don't get 112 stitches before the decrease bit.

cjB84 on craftsy.com
cjB84  October 18, 2013 4:11 AM

I think the main issue with that is it sort of reads like you repeat the last round until you have 112 stitches but do you mean continue increasing the number of tr before the 2 tr in 1 stitch to increase ie round 5 work tr in next 3 tr, round 6 work tr in next 4 tr and so on until you reach 112 stitches? That's the bit that is unclear to me.

Sweet_as_honey on craftsy.com
Sweet_as_honey  March 1, 2014 7:36 AM

Thank you for posting the pattern.
Yes, the wording from Round 2 "work tr in next dc" (as cjB84 said-when you mean "work tr in next tr") was a little confusing I figured it was a typo.

It took another 3 rounds to get to 112, why not have that in the instructions or as a note of total 7 rounds?

I'm making it as a "get back into crocheting" project. The yarn I'm using is "Charisma" by Loops & Threads (3.5 oz, approx 109 yards or 100 g, 100m). Thank you :-)

oliviageddy4 on craftsy.com
oliviageddy4  December 27, 2012 8:27 PM

Didn't know if you knew or not but the link is not working to download this pattern.

Heathered Slouch Tam Pattern