Add your comment:

oOCherylOo on craftsy.com
oOCherylOo  March 13, 2014 6:26 PM

Thanks for creating such an amazing pattern for the world! I bought this pattern a couple of weeks ago and now I've finally started on it. Your instructions with illustrations are amazing! I'm at the point where I need to place markers for my first cuff. but my count is off by one stitch. I'm having trouble figuring out where to compensate for my missing stitch. I wish the pattern at this point included the number of stitches between the markers toward the toe and the number of stitches between the markers toward the heel, just as you did for placing markers on the sole to begin the sides. Could you help me out with that stitch count? Thanks! - Cheryl

oOCherylOo on craftsy.com
oOCherylOo  March 15, 2014 10:17 AM

Never mind. I worked it out I just added a stitch in the front when I did the sc round before the cuff. I figured the decrease area was where the lost stitch was. It turned out fine. I'll post pics when I get the buttons on. Thanks again for such a great pattern!

annetteca3501331 on craftsy.com
annetteca3501331  March 30, 2014 8:56 PM

es-ceque les patrons sont en franais si c,est en anglais je ne les veux pas car je ne comprends pas l,anglais Merci beaucoup.
Annette

lstahl270 on craftsy.com
lstahl270  March 1, 2014 0:40 PM

i wat the pattern very nice

maggiecot2675993 on craftsy.com
maggiecot2675993  December 27, 2013 8:07 PM

they r soooo cute i want them

bianca.cl2631015 on craftsy.com
bianca.cl2631015  December 19, 2013 0:13 PM

I am not sure where to contact you in regards to purchasing the pattern? As the pattern is added to my account when I click to pay using paypal...once I click on pay, the page is lank and nothing happens...Can you tell me if there is a glitch in the system? Or are you no longer offering your pattern? Please get back to me at bianca.clow@yahoo.com

bonitapatterns on craftsy.com
bonitapatterns  December 28, 2013 11:10 AM

Hi there, Bianca. First, make sure you have a recent, updated version of Adobe PDF Reader installed. Sometimes, if you have an old version it my create glitches when opening newer files. You can get a free update here: http://get.adobe.com/reader/.

Also, if there is a glitch in your system, it always helps to restart your computer entirely, login again into Craftsy and go to your Pattern Library (a tab on the left-side of your screen when you log in) and download the pattern again.

Just in case, I'm going to re-send you the pattern to the email you provided. Please check both your Inbox and Spam folder for a message entitled "Your Bonita Patterns".

Happy Holidays!

Lianka

Dana Dockrill on craftsy.com
Dana Dockrill  January 14, 2014 9:50 AM

I cant seem to get the pattern either? could you email it to me as well please?

rhondamax2519932 on craftsy.com
rhondamax2519932  December 15, 2013 7:46 PM

I am about to start this pattern and am having trouble with the gauge. A size "F" crochet hook is generally recommended for much finer yarn (sports) yarn. Using an F with worsted weight, my swatch is still too big and I can't imagine using an even smaller hook. What's going on?

BioCrafter on craftsy.com
BioCrafter  December 18, 2013 10:12 PM

I used a smaller yarn for my pairs. The label still calls it worsted but it's not thick. I also used a G hook to get the right gauge. My yarn of choice is lion brand martha stewart crafts extra soft wool blend. I needed two balls per pair and you can get it in many colors at joann fabrics.

bonitapatterns on craftsy.com
bonitapatterns  December 28, 2013 11:27 AM

Hi there, Rhonda! Hook sizes suggested in yarn brands are just a "general suggestion" and not a rule in crochet. The choice of hook size will depend on what type of crochet fabric you are trying to achieve for your project.

For instance, in most slippers projects you will see that the hook sizes listed are often much smaller than what is suggested in a yarn label. This is because by using a smaller hook you are trying to achieve a thicker, sturdier fabric, with very little drape, which is ideal for a slipper. You don't want drape in your boots. On the other hand, when you are crocheting a scarf, or a shawl you do want it to drape and be airy, so you often can use a much larger hook.

In addition to using drastically smaller or larger hooks to achieve the fabric effect you want, you also have to add gauge to the equation. This means that if you used the hook I used (F) and you feel the swatch still too big, go down to a D size and check again, because your tension is probably looser than mine.

Again, you never have to match the exact hook in a pattern or in a yarn label. That is why whenever you see gauge listed in patterns there is the following sentence: "Use any size hook to obtain gauge".

Finally, another thing you have to take in consideration is that not all yarns are created equal. Even when 2 yarns are both listed as worsted weight, they can still be considerably different in thickness depending on the fiber they are made with. For instance, yarns that are 100% acrylic tend to be thicker than those containing wool in their composition. Even when they are both 100% acrylic, they can still vary depending on how they are plied. Have you noticed how Red Heart Super Saver is much thicker than Simply Soft? Both are worsted weight yarn and 100% acrylic, yet they produce completely different gauge swatches.

I hope this helps. If you need further assistance, please send us your questions to patternsupport@bonitapatterns.com.

Lianka

bonitapatterns on craftsy.com
bonitapatterns  November 27, 2013 9:44 AM

the Crocodile Stitch Boots (adult) pattern. If you have purchased this pattern or have questions or need a new copy, please send us a note to patternsupport@bonitapatterns.com.

Leslie Cruz,
Bonita Patterns, LLC

Ebrancato on craftsy.com
Ebrancato  February 5, 2014 8:32 PM

I have purchased this pattern and it is not downloading. How do I get it to download?

dudersmom2354780 on craftsy.com
dudersmom2354780  November 19, 2013 1:39 PM

I would like to know what worsted weight yarn you used for these. I am using red heart and it seems so thick and stiff. 24 rows 18 stitches= 10 x 10 cms. Thanks.

bonitapatterns on craftsy.com
bonitapatterns  November 27, 2013 9:37 AM

The yarn used in the pattern is listed on the materials section.
Leslie Cruz, Pattern Support
Bonita Patterns.LLC

onekrafte1952800 on craftsy.com
onekrafte1952800  August 29, 2013 6:43 AM

when it says 'women's size' what size is that - we all have different sized feet.

bonitapatterns on craftsy.com
bonitapatterns  November 27, 2013 9:40 AM

Pattern comes in sizes:

Small: US size 6 7
Medium: US size 8 9
Large: US size 10

Leslie Cruz,
BonitaPatterns, LLC

craftylady88 on craftsy.com
craftylady88  March 1, 2014 11:44 AM

I used Lopps and threads Imppecable and the recommended hook size, but my sole turned out medium size and I had to adjust the pattern by omitting a row before the foot increase., that gave me the correct lenght. then I had to squeeze in a couple extra stitches to get the correct numer for my sc around row.

Rudas DE Castillo null on craftsy.com
Rudas DE Castillo null  February 8, 2014 8:23 PM

muy bonito ..pero no entiendo esta en igles y no se ingles..mmmmm porfis,,,gracias

Jessica Winsby on craftsy.com
Jessica Winsby  February 6, 2014 4:05 PM

I have a question I get to row 4(Rs) and I get stuck. Does anyone have any suggestion?

bonitapatterns on craftsy.com
bonitapatterns  February 24, 2014 5:08 PM

Hello,
Please email patternsupport@bonitapatterns.com for assistance.

LyndaLillian on craftsy.com
LyndaLillian  February 6, 2014 0:42 PM

Does this pattern include baby sizes also? If not, do you sell a baby crocodile stitch bootie pattern? Thank you!

KimKee on craftsy.com
KimKee  February 5, 2014 2:28 PM

Hi there, I am trying to buy this pattern but it just does not allow me to click on Mastercard. I do not use paypal so how do I go about buying the pattern? Hope to hear from you soon as I really love the design.

ftammy113047998 on craftsy.com
ftammy113047998  February 5, 2014 9:24 AM

I just bought the pattern but it's not downloading

Intalasa on craftsy.com
Intalasa  February 5, 2014 7:27 AM

Paid pattern, but do not understand how to download it. Help please!

craftylady88 on craftsy.com
craftylady88  December 9, 2012 5:23 PM

I have made 3 pair of these and found noe errors inthe pattern, however I did have a problem with my gauge. I finally used the small adult size pattern and omitted 2 rows right before the 2nd increase, which then gave me the correct length for the small size. I worked the smal size pattern as is and got a medium size. The baby bootie pattern is right also.I made one pair of them.

cpinkman3269345 on craftsy.com
cpinkman3269345  February 24, 2014 9:28 PM

What size hook did you use? I am having trouble with my gauge. I wanted to use some bernat worsted I had but the f hook is too bug and already hard to use so um nervous to go too much smaller. Maybe I need new yarn.

craftylady88 on craftsy.com
craftylady88  March 1, 2014 11:49 AM

I used Lopps and threads Imppecable and the recommended hook size, but my sole turned out medium size and I had to adjust the pattern by omitting 2 rows before the ball of the foot increase., that gave me the correct lenght. then I had to squeeze in a couple extra stitches to get the correct numer for my sc around row.

Busso on craftsy.com
Busso  April 14, 2014 9:17 PM

I cna't even get started on the sole. Can you explain to me how to get my first 4 stitches to become 12. On other soles i have worked on both sides of the chain. Do I do that here? I have done lots of crochet work but seem to have a mental block here. Thank you

sheila7141046729 on craftsy.com
sheila7141046729  December 4, 2012 3:58 PM

I reread the pattern and worked it out on paper, now I get it :)

Deonne71 on craftsy.com
Deonne71  March 12, 2012 3:33 PM

These boots are great. Just putting the finishing touches on mine, then have people lined up who want a pair. Patter is very easy to read with lots of great pictures to help a person along. I already made the baby version and gave them away as a baby gift and will be making these for many others that I know as well.

Love all of her patterns and can't wait to purchase more.

Crocodile Stitch Boots (Adult ) Pattern