Basic Skills Necessary:
- Half Double Crochet - HDC
This is a basic beanie pattern I came up with several years ago; perfect pattern for a beginner. If you'd like a smaller or larger size beanie, just change the hook size.
6 hdc's/htr's and 5 rows = 2 inches.
Sizing / Finished Measurements:
- Small G hook - 20-21 inch circumference 7 1/2 inches from crown to rim edge
- H hook - 22-23 inch circumference 8 inches from crown to rim edge
- Large I hook - 23-24 inch circumference 8 1/2 inches from crown to rim edge
- G hook - 4.5mm/Small
- H hook - 5.0mm/Regular
- I hook - 5.5mm/Large
- Debbie Bliss Eco Cotton or other Aran weight yarn - Approx. 140m/153yds.
You Will Also Need:
- Yarn needle to weave in ends.