The Classic Self-Portrait
with Kerry Dunn
Join artist and teacher Kerry Dunn for a masterful overview of oil painting techniques as you create a classic self-portrait.
- Class Overview
- Meet the Instructor
- Ratings & Reviews
What Materials are Included in This Class?
Includes complementary downloadable instructions, supply lists and exclusive patterns.
Supplies You Will Need to Complete This Class
- 16" x 20" (40 cm x 50 cm) or 18" x 24" (45 cm x 60 cm) primed canvas (cotton or linen)
- Filbert bristle #2 and #4 brushes (three of each)
- Filbert bristle #6 #8 and #10 brushes (one of each)
- Stand oil or Linseed oil
- Palette knife
- Palette: wood or plastic, 16" x 20" (40 cm x 50 cm) or larger
- Handheld mirror and large mirror
- Odorless mineral spirits
- Paper towels
- Professional-quality oil paints: burnt sienna, burnt umber or raw umber; permanent rose or alizarin crimson; cadmium scarlet, cadmium red or napthol scarlet; cadmium yellow medium; cadmium yellow lemon or yellow light; viridian; ultramarine blue; titanium white
- Color-balanced light
- Neutral-colored backdrop such as fabric curtain or mat board)
- Two easels (one for canvas, one for large mirror)
Other Classes You May Enjoy