Snazzy Stitched Portraits
with Carol Ann Waugh
Express your creativity and personality as you make captivating, customized fabric portraits.
- Class Overview
- Meet the Instructor
- Ratings & Reviews
What Materials are Included in This Class?
Includes complementary downloadable instructions, supply lists and exclusive patterns.
Supplies You Will Need to Complete This Class
- Tracing paper
- Hand-dyed/flesh-colored fabric to match your skin tone
- ½ yard (45.7 cm) Wonder Under (or favorite fusible web)
- Fat quarter (46 cm x 54 cm) fusible interfacing (preferably Pellon #931TD)
- Fat quarter (46 cm x 54 cm) of fusible fleece (preferably Pellon #987F)
- Fat quarter (46 cm x 54 cm) of solid fabric (background of portrait, medium to dark fabric is best)
- Fat quarter (46 cm x 54 cm) of backing fabric
- Variety of cotton threads (think about matching or coordinating to facial features, outfit, accessories
- Paper and fabric scissors
- Applique pressing sheet
- Ultra-fine permanent marker
- 2 mm rattail (satin) cord
- Materials for hair: wool roving, doll hair, fabric that looks like hair, thread, yarn, etc.
- Materials for outfit: shirts, scarves, old jackets, fabric that represents your style, etc.
- Trims & accessories: lace, feathers, ribbons, yarn, zippers, earrings, costume jewelry, buttons, beads, crystals and more!
Other Classes You May Enjoy