What Materials are Included in This Class?
Includes complementary downloadable instructions, supply lists and exclusive recipes.
Supplies You Will Need to Complete This Class
Your materials will vary with your choice of car cake, but to recreate Mike’s roadster, you’ll need ...
- 10½ pounds (4.75 kg) of buttercream
- 12½ pounds (5.7 kg) of modeling chocolate
- 4 pounds (1.8 kg) of brown fondant
- 8 ounces (227 g) black fondant
- 3 half-sheet (11" x 17" or 28 x 43.2 cm) cakes, each 2" (5 cm) high
- Airbrush with compressor and airbrush coloring
- Food color for coloring fondant and modeling chocolate
- White chocolate chips
- Corn syrup
- Spray adhesive (3M’s Super 77)
- Floral foil
- 4" by 27" (35.5 x 68.5 cm) cake board (cut out of corrugated cardboard or foam core board)
- Black ½" (12 mm) form core board
- Cornstarch (corn flour)
- Silver food coloring powder and alcohol for mixing color
- Set of round cutters and various round piping tips
- Poster board
- Edible paper (Icing Images)
- Dual-temp hot glue gun
- Dual-temp hot glue sticks