Machine Basics & Techniques
with Amy Alan
Take your serger out of the closet! Learn the fundamental setup stitches, then make three posh projects: an exposed zipper bag, an ombré ruffled apron and a striped knit scarf.
- Class Overview
- Meet the Instructor
- Ratings & Reviews
What Materials are Included in This Class?
Includes complementary downloadable instructions, supply lists and exclusive patterns.
Supplies You Will Need to Complete This Class
- A serger with all accessories, oil and manual
- Needles appropriate for your machine in different sizes
- 4 cones of polyester serger threads in different colors
- Decorative serger thread
- Small scissors
- Long serger tweezers or hemostat
- Bodkin, strap turner or small safety pin
- Large tapestry needle or double-eye needle
- Fabric (yardage requirements vary by project but are never more than 1 yard)
- 16-18" zipper
- General sewing and quilting supplies
Other Classes You May Enjoy