A Modern Take on the Mother Sauces
with James Peterson
Master the mother sauces at the heart of French cuisine with whisk-by-whisk instruction from chef and cookbook author James Peterson.
- Class Overview
- Meet the Instructor
- Ratings & Reviews
What Materials are Included in This Class?
Includes complementary downloadable instructions, supply lists and exclusive recipes.
Supplies You Will Need to Complete This Class
- 2-quart saucepan
- 4-quart saucepan
- 2- or 3-quart Windsor pan or saucier, or a medium-sized metal bowl
- 6- to 8-quart stockpot
- Chinois or standard fine-mesh strainer
- China cap (large conical metal strainer) or large colander
- Standard fine-mesh strainer
- Mortar and pestle
- Standard whisks and elongated sauce whisks
- 1-quart fat separator
- Spoons of various sizes including teaspoons, tablespoons and serving spoons