Sew Retro Perfect Bombshell Dress
with Gretchen Hirsch
Knock 'em dead with a vintage pinup dress that's uniquely yours!
- Class Overview
- Meet the Instructor
- Ratings & Reviews
What Materials are Included in This Class?
Includes complementary downloadable instructions, supply lists and exclusive patterns.
Supplies You Will Need to Complete This Class
- BurdaStyle pattern (downloadable PDF) - Burda sizes 36-44, U.S. sizes 4-12 (bust 33" to 39 1/2" or 84 to 100 cm)
- 3 yards Shantung or other dress fabrics with a little bit of body, like medium-weight cotton, linen or linen blends, wool gabardine or wool crepe. Avoid anything too slippery and drapey, like silk charmeuse.
- Muslin – medium weight
- Bodice underlining – muslin or silk organza
- Lining – cotton shirting, like broadcloth, lawn or batiste
- Batting – needle punch or cotton batting
- Boning – spiral steel (Rigilene boning can also be used)
- Metal tips and casing for boning
- ¼" twill tape
- Dress zipper (regular, not invisible)
- 1 yard grosgrain ribbon or Petersham ribbon
- 2 yards seam binding
Other Classes You May Enjoy