Please read our affiliate terms and conditions carefully before you join our Program or begin marketing our products. These terms and conditions are written in plain language, intentionally avoiding “legalese” where possible, to ensure that they may be clearly understood and followed by affiliates. Each Affiliate is responsible for assuring that its employees, agents and contractors comply with these terms and conditions. Affiliate terms and conditions are subject to change. We may modify any of the terms and conditions contained in these terms and conditions, at any time and in our sole discretion, by posting a change notice or a new agreement on the ShareASale Affiliate Network. Modifications may include, for example, changes in the scope of available referral fees, referral fee schedules, payment procedures, and Program rules. IF ANY MODIFICATION IS UNACCEPTABLE TO YOU, YOUR ONLY RECOURSE IS TO TERMINATE THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS. YOUR CONTINUED PARTICIPATION IN THE PROGRAM FOLLOWING OUR POSTING OF A CHANGE NOTICE OR NEW AGREEMENT ON OUR WEBSITE WILL CONSTITUTE BINDING ACCEPTANCE OF THE CHANGE. Thank you.
As used in these terms and conditions: (i) “affiliate” or “Affiliate” means an individual or entity enrolling in the Program to market certain products on behalf of Craftsy for a commission through Craftsy’s third-party affiliate network platform (www.ShareASale.com) (ii) “we”, “us”, or “our” refers to Sympoz Inc. d/b/a Craftsy and Our Website; (iii) “you” or “your” refers to the Affiliate; (iv) “Our Website” refers to the Craftsy properties located at www.Craftsy.com; (v) “Your Website” refers to any websites that you will link to Our Website; (vi) “Program” refers to the Craftsy Affiliate Program, of which these terms and conditions are a part and (vii) “sub-affiliate network” refers to a parent affiliate that has sub-affiliates operating underneath them (viii) “sub-affiliates” refers to affiliates who refer visits and sales to the Craftsy’s website through a parent affiliate.
1. Infringe on or misappropriate our or any anyone else’s intellectual property, publicity, privacy or other rights.
2. Violate any law, rule or regulation.
3. Promote or contain any content that (i) promotes illegal activities, discrimination, or violence, (ii) contains nudity, pornography, or sexually explicit materials or (iii) is threatening, harassing, defamatory, obscene or harmful to minors (in each case, as reasonably determined by Craftsy in Craftsy’s sole discretion).
4. Contain any viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, or other computer programming routines that are intended to damage, interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data, or personal information.
5. Contain software or use technology that attempts to intercept, divert or redirect Internet traffic to or from any other website, or that potentially enables the diversion of affiliate commissions from another website. This prohibition includes, without limitation, toolbars, browser plug-ins, extensions and/or add-ons that enable such intercepts, diversions, redirections, and the like.
6. Incentivize or reward anyone for clicking your affiliate links or taking action on Our Website that results in a commission being reward to you as an affiliate, including by promoting any sweepstakes or contests.
7. Promote or contain any content, or engage in any action, that is deceptive, unfair or misleading in any manner.
4. CRAFTSY INSTRUCTOR RESTRICTIONS
5. LINKING TO OUR WEBSITE
1. You will only use linking code obtained from the affiliate interface without modification or manipulation.
2. All domains that use your affiliate link must be listed in your affiliate profile.
3. Your Website will not in any way copy, resemble, or mirror the look and feel of our Website. You will also not use any means to create the impression that your Website is Our Website or any part of Our Website including, without limitation, framing of our Website in any manner.
4. You may not engage in cookie stuffing, include pop-ups, or place false or misleading links on Your Website. In addition, you will not attempt to mask the referring URL information (i.e. the page from where the click is originating).
5. You may not use redirects to bounce a click off of a domain from which the click did not originate in order to give the appearance that it came from that domain is prohibited.
6. We will not be liable to you with respect to any failure by you to use tracking links.
7. You acknowledge that, by participating in the Program and placing any of the tracking links on Your Website, we may receive information from or about visitors to Your Website. We may monitor, crawl or otherwise investigate Your Website in connection with the Program.
6. PPC GUIDELINES
1. You may not bid on any of our trademarked terms (which are identified below), including any variations or misspellings thereof for search or content-based campaigns on Google, Bing, Facebook or any other network.
2. You may not use our trademarked terms in sequence with any other keyword (e.g. Craftsy Coupons).
3. You may not use our trademarked terms in your ad title, ad copy, display name or as the display URL.
4. You may not direct links to Our Website from any Pay Per Click ad or use redirects that yield the same result. Affiliate links must be directed to an actual page on Your Website.
5. You may not bid in any manner appearing higher than Craftsy for any search term in position 1-5 in any auction style pay-per-click advertising program.
6. If you automate your PPC campaigns, it is your responsibility to exclude our trademarked terms from your program and we strongly suggest you add our trademarked terms as negative keywords. We have a strict no tolerance policy on PPC trademark bidding. You will forfeit all commissions for a minimum of the past 30 days and your commission will be set to 0% without warning if you engage in PPC trademark bidding that uses our trademarked terms.
Trademarked Terms: Craftsy, Craftsy.com, www.Craftsy.com
1. You may ONLY advertise coupon codes that are provided to you through the Program that are displayed on Our Website(s).
2. Posting any information about how to work around the requirements of a coupon/promotion (e.g. first time customers only) will result in removal from the Program.
3. Coupons must be displayed in their entirety with the full offer, valid expiration date and time and code.
4. You may NOT use any technology that covers up the coupon code and generates the affiliate click by revealing the code(s).
5. You may NOT advertise coupon codes obtained from any non-affiliate marketing channel, including coupon codes from our email, paid search or any other non-affiliate advertising campaigns.
6. You may NOT give the appearance that any ongoing offer requires clicking from Your Website in order to redeem. For example, if all items on the site have free shipping over $100, you may not turn this into an offer that infers that the customer must click from Your Website to get this deal.
7. You may NOT present a button that claims to show all offers that sets the affiliate cookie in the background.
8. You may NOT display codes that do not exist in order to generate a click.
9. You may NOT use technology that generates a click or sets the cookie from the action of copying a coupon code or through a pop under.
Additionally, if your website ranks on the first page of Google for terms related to our website or company name(s) combined with the words coupon, coupons, coupon code, promo code, etc. and/or your conversion rate exceeds 25%, you may be offered a lower commission than our standard rate to offset the reduced profitability of orders.
8. SUB-AFFILIATE NETWORKS
Promoting Craftsy through a sub-affiliate network is permitted, however you must be completely transparent with regards to where traffic from your sub-affiliates originated. Sub-affiliate networks must ensure that all sub-affiliates promoting the Craftsy Program adhere to our Program terms and conditions as if they were an Affiliate thereunder. This includes, without limitation, restrictions on advertising through toolbars, browser extensions, and through any paid placements such as pay-per-click campaigns. Sub-affiliate networks must also contact Craftsy at the time of application to disclose any coupon sub-affiliates that might promote the Craftsy Program. If coupon sub-affiliates are added to the sub-affiliate network after the sub-affiliate network’s acceptance to the Program, the sub-affiliate network must provide written notice to Craftsy at the time the sub-affiliate is added. Craftsy reserves the right to revoke Program membership if any coupon sub-affiliate site does not follow our Coupon Guidelines.
Use of any of our trademarked terms as part of the domain or sub-domain for Your Website (e.g. Craftsy.website.com or www.Craftsy-coupons.com) is strictly prohibited.
10. ADVERTISING & PUBLICITY
1. Abide by the CAN-SPAM Act of 2003 (Public Law No. 108-187) (the “Act”) with respect to our Program.
2. Email must set forth you as the “sender” of such messages as required by the Act and must not imply that the email is being sent on behalf of Craftsy.
3. Email must adhere to our Program terms and remain consistent with the Craftsy brand.
You may not send SMS or MMS messages to a user’s device unless the user has specifically opted in to receiving such messages, in compliance with all applicable laws, rules, regulations and best industry practices.
11. SOCIAL MEDIA
1. You shall comply with all terms, conditions, guidelines and rules set forth by the applicable social media platform provider, and shall not take any actions that would put Craftsy in violation of such requirements.
2. You ARE allowed to promote offers to your own lists; more specifically, you’re welcome to use your affiliate links on your own Facebook, Twitter, etc. pages. For example, you may post: “25% off sale at Craftsy through Wednesday with link XYZ.”
3. You ARE PROHIBITED from posting your affiliate links on Craftsy’s social media sites (including without limitation Craftsy’s Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest company pages, or any Craftsy administered social pages (e.g. the “Sewing Club” Facebook page)) in an attempt to turn those links into affiliate sales.
4. You ARE PROHIBITED from using Craftsy’s trademarked company name or any variation as a targeted “Interest” or keyword in ads purchased on Facebook.
5. You ARE PROHIBITED from creating a social media account that includes Craftsy’s trademark in the page name and/or username.
You may not collect personal information from children under 13 in violation of the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”). In addition, you may not place links to the Program or Our Website on websites targeted towards children under 13 or send us personal information in violation of COPPA.
13. OPERATIONS OUTSIDE UNITED STATES
If you are conducting business in or taking orders from persons in other countries, you will follow the laws of those countries. For example, you will comply with the European Union’s Privacy and Electronic Communications Directive if you are conducting business in or taking orders from persons in one or more of the European Union countries.
14. CRAFTSY RIGHTS AND REMEDIES, INCLUDING REVERSAL OF COMMISSIONS
Without limiting any other rights or remedies of Craftsy, if Craftsy reasonably determines that you have violated any of these terms and conditions, we may take any one or more of the following actions:
1. Reverse your orders, transactions or commissions.
2. Require you to forfeit any or all commissions.
3. Set your commission level to 0%.
4. Suspend you in full or in part from the Program.
5. Terminate you from the Program.
6. Refer your activities to legal authorities.
7. Share your information with third parties who are the victims, targets or otherwise affected by your violation of these terms and conditions.
Without limiting other rights or remedies of Craftsy, we reserve the right to reverse commissions due to order cancellations, duplicate tracking, pixel errors, returns, disputed charges (including, without limitation, credit card fraud), high numbers of transactions originating from countries where English is not the dominant language, and Program violations as outlined in these terms and conditions. We also reserve the right to reverse commissions if we find suspicious transactions that we determine are likely to be fraudulent rather than genuine transactions by individuals likely to be part of the Craftsy audience. We may offset any reversals against any payments due to you.
We may also terminate your participation in the Program at any time without cause, in which case you will be paid all commissions properly due through the effective date of such termination.
ShareASale will process payments for all commissions and bonuses paid to affiliates.
Additionally, if we ask you for clarification or more information on any orders or clicks that we suspect may be in violation of our terms and conditions, we expect that you will respond in a timely and honest manner. Below are examples of violations of our communications policy.
1. You are not forthcoming, intentionally vague, commit fraud, or are found to be lying.
2. You are not responsive within a reasonable time period and after multiple attempts to contact you with information listed in your network profile.
3. You cannot substantiate or validate the source of your traffic to our Program with clear and demonstrable proof.
As between you and Craftsy, Craftsy shall exclusively own all right, title and interest, including all Intellectual Property Rights, in and to Our Website and the Program. For the purposes of these terms and conditions, “Intellectual Property Rights” means any and all rights, titles and interests, whether foreign or domestic, in and to any and all copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets, patents, service marks, know-how, or similar intellectual property rights, as well as any and all moral rights, rights of privacy, publicity and similar rights of any type under the laws or regulations of any governmental, regulatory, or judicial authority, foreign or domestic.
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, CRAFTSY MAKES NO EXPRESS OR IMPLIED REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES REGARDING THE PROGRAM OR OUR WEBSITE OR THE PRODUCTS OR SERVICES PROVIDED THEREIN. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT ARE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMED AND EXCLUDED BY CRAFTSY. IN ADDITION, OUR WEBSITE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. WE MAKE NO REPRESENTATION THAT THE OPERATION OF OUR WEBSITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE, AND WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR THE CONSEQUENCES OF ANY INTERRUPTIONS OR ERRORS.
20. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, CRAFTSY SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU OR TO ANY OTHER PERSON OR ENTITY FOR ANY LOSS OF ACTUAL OR ANTICIPATED PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS, LOSS OF, DAMAGE TO, OR CORRUPTION OF, DATA, LOSS OF USE, COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES, OR FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES IN CONNECTION WITH THE PROGRAM HOWEVER CAUSED, WHETHER ARISING UNDER STATUTE, CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) OR UNDER ANY OTHER THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER OR NOT THE PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE OR WHETHER SUCH DAMAGE WAS FORESEEABLE OR IN THE CONTEMPLATION OF THE PARTIES. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, OUR TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE PROGRAM IS LIMITED TO THE GREATER OF ONE THOUSAND DOLLARS ($1,000) OR THE AMOUNTS PAID BY CRAFTSY TO YOU DURING THE TWELVE (12) MONTHS IMMEDIATELY BEFORE THE FIRST OCCURRENCE OF EVENTS GIVING RISE TO THE IMPOSITION OF LIABILITY UNDER THE PROGRAM.
21. RELATIONSHIP OF PARTIES
The parties are independent contractors, and nothing in these terms and conditions will create any partnership, joint venture, agency, franchise, sales representative, or employment relationship between the parties. You will have no authority to make or accept any offers or representations on our behalf. You will not make any statement, whether on Your Website or otherwise, that reasonably would contradict anything in this Section.
22. SEVERABILITY AND WAIVER