May was an exciting month here at Craftsy HQ! We celebrated our 3rd birthday, gave away free Craftsy classes for life to lucky member Tanya L. “Tealeaves” in our Lifetime of Craftsy giveaway, and launched new garment sewing kits for fabulous summer fashion. And, a lot of really fun things happened right here on the Craftsy blog! We didn’t want you to miss out, so here’s a recap of May highlights.
May’s most popular blog posts:
In case you missed it…
- We released a special downloadable desktop calendar for June. Get it for FREE here and enjoy it all month long!
- We launched a new, downloadable resource, The Knitting Stitches You Need to Know, featuring 7 FREE tutorials for fundamental knitting stitches.
- In honor of Creative Beginnings Month, we shared a roundup of some of our favorite FREE Craftsy classes.
- Craftsy turned 3! We celebrated with an infographic featuring fun facts about YOU, the Craftsy community.
- We launched the #MyCraftsySelfie Self-Portrait Contest, which will run the entire month of June. Submit your best self-portrait today for a chance to win a $50 gift card to Dick Blick, plus a free Craftsy fine art class of your choice!
- Shirley Chavez was named the Craftsy Member of the Month for May!
- Craftsy now offers garment sewing project kits! Which one is your favorite?
New Craftsy classes for May
Dozens of wonderful new classes launched this month, covering such a wide range of skills, from sewing home decor and 3-D quilting to intarsia knitting in the round and how to digitize for embroidery. We covered several new cake decorating techniques, from how to make a teapot cake to high heel cake toppers and tropical sugar flowers. And, we now offer acrylic painting lessons for beginners! Did you know you can also learn about macro insect photography right here on Craftsy?
Whatever your interest, you’re bound to find something you’ll love! See more new classes here.
Don’t miss out!
We have a lot of exciting things lined up this June.