The New Craftsy App Is HERE and It’s FREE!

Hey there Craftsy members,

My name is Chandler, I work on our mobile team here at Craftsy, and I'm super excited to show you what we've been up to recently. It has been quite the journey for Craftsy since our first launch on iPad 18 months ago. Since then, the app has been downloaded more than 1 million times and for many of our members, the app is now their Craftsy "home." Today, the app gets used in places and ways we never expected, from kitchens and sewing rooms to local knitting clubs and more!

Our team of engineers has been super busy over the last few months working on transforming your Craftsy app experience, and today, we're excited to announce even more ways you can use your app, whether you are on an iPhone or an iPad. Check it out and please let me know what you think by emailing directly (mobilechandler@craftsy.com) or by emailing our wonderful support team (feedback@craftsy.com).

Enjoy!

Here’s what’s new:

Screenshot of Craftsy App Offline Feature

Watch your classes anytime, anywhere (who needs Internet anyway?)

The app now works offline, so you can download your classes, notes and materials and access them even when you don’t have an Internet connection!

Craftsy iPad App Video Player

Navigate your classes more easily

A brand new design for our class experience. Our old controls were too small and we thought you should be focused on your class not worrying about hitting the right button. Enjoy larger, easier to use controls for play, pause, volume, airplay and 30-second repeat.

Find your next lesson fast

Not sure which lesson to do next? Check out photo previews of the lessons to help find the next lesson for you.

Craftsy iPad App Airplay Feature

Use your app like a remote

With airplay, the Craftsy app now works like a remote. Watch your favorite instructors on a TV and turn your iPad/iPhone into an awesome learning environment with full-screen notes, discussions, projects or your class materials.

Want patterns? We've got them too.

You called (and emailed and texted and..) and we heard! By popular demand, we've added your pattern library to the Craftsy classes app so you can easily access your patterns.

Download the Craftsy 2.3 app now!

Which features of our new app are you most excited about?

Cheryl Goyer

Craftsy Helen – I can access my class from my tablet but only to watch the videos. The message at the bottom of the screen after clicking on materials is: “This is the Mobil version of the Craftsy video player. If you would like to access the course materials, take notes, or view discussions, please visit this site from your computers.” In other words I have no access to the course materials unless I use a computer or Apple product.

Corinna

Android app PRETTY PLEASE!!! I really want to watch some painting classes and only have a Samsung Mega! Would totally make my day!
Thanks in Advance!!!
Corinna

Sheelah Wooten

Okay…awesome….I love the “downloadability”…..I was one (I’m sure of very many) who requested this change……but, they are ALL right…..please give us Android access….Apple has fallen out of favor with a lot of us. I know a lot of folks still like it, and that’s cool….but I don’t want to buy a new ipad (and I’ll never have an iphone) because I like Kindle and really big phones. I love Craftsy, but I really need it in the Android market. Please make this happen. We only ask because we really love our Craftsy classes…

Diane Tom Stump

I’m an android user too. Please provide an app for us!

Diane Tom Stump

I’m an android user too. Please provide an app for us!

Holly

I am also an android user and would like an app for us as well!!!!!!!!!!!

Colleen

Still waiting for an Android app so I can watch my classes!!!

Stephanie Stewart

What about streaming to a TV that is not Apple driven? Would be really nice if I could download the Craftsy app through Roku.

Marisa

I would love to be able to watch it through Roku instead of trying to watch crocheting videos from a tablet on my lap when my project is taking that spot. I don’t want to have to sit at my dining table so my tablet has some place to sit…hehe

Korina

Yes, please on Roku! I don’t have a tablet, and my phone screen is so tiny. Would love to watch on a big screen.

Judy

Just want to add my voice to the chorus of those hoping for a Roku app! Would be very appreciated, we are definitely never getting an Apple TV in this household, Roku is just too smart an alternative.

Veronica

I too would love an app to enable me to watch my classes on Kindle Fire

Judy Frye

I am having trouble getting to the controls ( playback, speed, lessons) It doesn’t seem to matter where I tap, I can’t get the controls to come up. I have tried the corners with single tap, double tap, two finger tap, three finger tap and don’t get any controls except to turn the darn program off. I can’t find a tutorial on youtube and I am getting frustrated. Please tell me where I can find an iPad tutorial about Craftsy.

dawnrc63

I was able to watch Craftsy on my Kindle Fire HD up until about 3 weeks ago now nothing. This is very frustrating. I have an iPhone but the screen is so small. Please can we gave an app for Kindle so that we can continue to enjoy your lessons.

Debra Longobardi

I totally agree with dawnrc63. My ability to watch on my Kindle Fire HD just disappeared. I’m afraid to purchase any more classes in case we never get access. I used my Kindle next to my sewing machine. My computer is on another floor. Several people have asked for a timeline. No response from Craftsy. Sigh.

peggy

I agree! LOVED watching from my kindle now nothing. What’s going on?????

Patrick

I can’t get craftys to work offline in airplane mode on iPad air

Ana

Hello, one my classes dosent paly, whether online or offline! Can you please help me , what should I do?
Thanks

Jools

Hi Craftsy, I really appreciate the offline app. Here in Australia we have very limited download limits and these can be quite slow too, so the prospect is excitig but the android version does not work on my Sony. Sadly I won’t be in a position to buy a new tablet for awhile. What would be great if it could be ported to the windows environment so that I can play it on my pc or tv. Thanks for the great classes.

Carrot top

I use my Craftsy app on my iPad and have never any if my discussion replies show up in my Craftsy inbox so have to scroll through the discussions every time to find them. Is there something I can do to solve this? Thanks very much for such a fabulous resource you provide via Craftsy.

hjklp

Craftsy are lairs. Kindle and other products had full functionality. Now that Apple pays them Android support is going to end. That is Craftsy own words from their tech support as of 7/24/2015.

b

Same here had full functionality with a kindle now nothing guess above is right craftsy sold out Screw the android users Spoke to Amazon it is Craftsy who will not release an app they wan a ton of money!!

Marie Clark

Android app. Bring it back. Not buying classes til it happens. And I have been a long time follower of Craftsy. Reconsider and if you are going all Apple then I have what I have and sad to see you abandon good customers.

Bridget Brecheen

I have several classes that I have downloaded to my iPad to watch while I am traveling. Unfortunately, I have major issues with the videos trying to play while I am in a plane. It constantly freezes up and stops playing. As they are downloaded, I am unsure why this is even a problem. Could someone shed some lite on my situation and help me overcome this issue? Thanks for your time!

Sophia_Rose

Its quite disappointing that android users are unable to download the lessons to view offline. Its even more disappointing that Craftsy was paid by Apple, I would have thought their interest lay with their customers!

The excuse that there are so many android devices is simply a poor excuse, many other businesses are able to do so with their apps. By looking at the comments, most people would like it for their Kindles, Samsung Phones/Tablets, and Laptops.

Crafsty please make videos downloadable to your customers, it will be so helpful to those in areas wher they have limited data or poor connection. You will find these customers are probably your return customers. Come on Craftsy, you can do better than this.

MLMonty

Having downloaded classes on my iPhone 6plus this summer I was super excited to think that I could download them to my Samsung Galaxy tablet. It’s a lot bigger (practically the size of a small pizza) and would make viewing a lot easier. I have a 2hr dr appt today and this would be perfect for the waiting portions. Only I can’t download on my tablet… which is where I have the room to download things… and I’ve never been to this dr before so I don’t know if they have wifi, or if they do, if they RELIABLE wifi. Now I get to play “what can I delete from my phone” to make room for a small portion of a class when I could have downloaded several to my tablet.

Kay Castillo

As of Feb 2016: Can I load the Android Craftsy app on Roku? If so, I will probably invest in a Roku stick. I can already use Miracast between my Kindle HDX and Fire stick, but I would prefer a preloaded app so I don’t have the hassle of setting up the mirroring. How soon will a Craftsy app be out for the Fire stick? I have invested lots of money in Craftsy classes, and it’s still a pain to watch on the big screen. Thanks.

Kay Castillo

Ok I splurged and bought an Apple TV 4. I am returning it tomorrow. Being a confirmed Android user – Kindle in particular – I had none of the accounts for Apple set up. You need an Apple account for the TV and yet an iTunes account to get the Craftsy app. I don’t have any of the iGadgets so I tried to install iTunes on my Win10 laptop. That bombed. After a couple of frustrating hours, I unplugged the Apple TV and reboxed it. What a waste of time. I still don’t like Apple. Craftsy, you need to resolve this. I love my Craftsy classes but am fed up with the viewing limitations.

KnittingDaddy Greg

I keep checking back for a Fire TV Stick app, too. I received a Fire TV Stick for Christmas — and absolutely love it. Currently, I have no good way to get my Craftsy content delivered to my TV, and I was hoping the Fire TV Stick would solve that. Sadly, no (not yet?).

Please create an app for the Fire TV Stick — I would much rather watch my Craftsy TV content easily on my TV than try to go through gyrations to get it to “throw” the broadcast from one of my mobile devices to the TV. I think a Fire TV Stick would give me exactly what I need. We can’t be the only ones, can we?

Pam Hopkins

I have a blue ray with wifi so I can watch Netflix. I also can get Youtube. Is there any way of getting Craftsy? It would be so much more enjoyable to be able to watch it on a bigger screen.

Catherine

Feb 2016 – I have the app on my Samsung android tablet but can only view video classes and none of the course material the instructor talks about…. frustrating experience putting me off craftsy.

Anita

Very, very disappointed that I cannot download my classes from the android app. Just dropped $80 on classes I’ve been dying to take for the past two years now, thinking I could download them to watch offline, only to find out that this blog post is extremely misleading! Granted it was my bad for not reading these comments until now, but I shouldn’t have to! Apple can go jump off a bridge. They’re NOT the only game in town and need to get over themselves. I refuse to pay for internet and Craftsy can jump off a bridge if they think I’m using my data to watch videos. Get with the times Craftsy, I’m not the only one giving up cable and internet to save money!! I paid good hard-earned money for classes I cannot watch! Very ticked right now…

Patty

I don’t know whether or not I have the same problem because I don’t know what is on my iPad except that I have a modem, Internet, wifi, several user, name and different passwords and I still I can’t get my tutorials in one place. There MUST BE AN EASIER WAY. I am so confused I fell. Like ditching it all but I too have a couple hundred $$$$worth of tutorials and books which I can’t use. I wish I had hard cover books and books of instructions that are useful.

Beth

Yes! We need a craftsy app for the Roku. Would love to watch classes on my big screen TV.

LindaC

Would love to be able to watch classes through Roku channel. Any chance of that?

Marlicia

I’ve tried to download the app, but I get an error message saying the site can’t be reached. Help please. Also, will the app work on my kindle fire? I want bring your dyeing class into my kitchen. 🙂

God bless and thanks…

Jenola

I’ve tried to download the app on my computer but it says the side can’t be reached.

P Hurst

Hi
Trying to download Craftsy classes to my Nokia Lumia. Have tried the app on several different browsers as advised and still can’t access my classes. Seems crazy when I can access other cake decorating class providers with no problem. Am I missing something here? Please advise. Thanks.