Links We Love: Eco-Friendly Projects to Celebrate Earth Day
What better way to celebrate International Earth Day than with a collection of fun, environmentally-friendly projects? We rounded up some of our favorite links from across the web to provide you with inspiration that’s eco-chic and fabulous. Now that’s a recycling project we can get behind!
Reduce, reuse and recycle with a collection of fun going-green projects!
- Never buy another plastic bag again after sewing these reusable lunch bags.
- We love these necktie bags: The perfect hipster cross-body!
- This upcycled T-shirt skirt with painted fabric stripes is almost as cute as the mini-model wearing it!
- Oh, and this ruffly shirt tutorial, also made from old T-shirts, totally looks store-bought!
- We’re itching to make these denim napkins for our next summer barbecue. So fun and full of whimsy!
- These T-shirt quilts are a great way to repurpose old clothes, saving all the memories they often carry.
- Forget stinky cardboard sleeves: This knit cozy is perfect for your morning travel mug!
- We totally heart these Earth Day cupcakes. Bet they’re better than the mother earth pies you made out of dirt as a kid!
- Share the green love with your friends with these stamped friendship bracelets.
- Reduce your carbon footprint by growing your own vegetables at home in a raised bed.
- Learn the 101 of composting, natures black gold.
- Explore the world of organic gardening with beautiful organically grown roses.
- Check out this collection of eco-friendly yarns and vegan yarn options for some sustainable shopping.
- This “plarn” tutorial is the best way to repurpose plastic grocery bags.
- How cute is this collection of Earth Day-themed embroidery, such a fun way to celebrate!
- Mix mediums with this stitching cork disks tutorial and make an eco-chic embroidered necklace.