Your pet is the source of endless smiles, the best friend you can always count on, and a part of your family. Such a wonderful companion deserves to be celebrated in a work of art, and we want to see your best pet portraits!
Announcing the 2014 Pet Portraits Contest on Craftsy!
How do you enter?
Show off your darling dog or cat (or any pet!) by submitting your work with the title “2014 Pet Portrait Contest.” Our Craftsy Judging Committee will pick our very favorite crafts to showcase on the Craftsy blog, including a first place winner!
What kinds of portraits are welcome?
All kinds! From watercolor to mixed media, use whatever best expresses your pet’s unique personality. And, for step-by-step guidance to create a lifelike, lovable portrait of your furry best friend, check out Craftsy’s new Pet Portraits class, led by renowned artist Pat Weaver.
The winner be awarded an Amazon gift card valued at $50!
INSTRUCTIONS FOR UPLOADING YOUR PROJECT:
- STEP 1: Click the Submit Photo button below.
- STEP 2: Log in to your Craftsy account (or create a new account — it’s easy and free!)
- STEP 3: Choose the appropriate category for your project.
- STEP 4: Title your project “Pet Portrait Contest 2014″ (IMPORTANT: PLEASE MAKE SURE TO PUT “Pet Portrait Contest 2014″ IN THE TITLE OF YOUR PROJECT. That way, we will know it’s a submission for the contest!)
- STEP 5: If your project was inspired by a Craftsy class, choose that class. If not, feel free to skip this step!
- STEP 6: Add some further info about your project.
- STEP 7: Upload a photo (or photos) of your project. That’s it!
- SUBMISSIONS DUE: By 11:59pm MST on Monday, March 24th
Submit an image of your completed pet portrait by 11:59 MST on Monday, March 24th. We will announce the winner on Friday, March 28th.
If you’re in need of inspiration, take a look at these wonderful pet portraits already created by the Craftsy Fine Art community!
Enter the Pet Portrait Contest and show off your masterpiece!