New Year, New Projects: Commit to Creating This Year!

Happy New Year! Thanks to incredible members like you, Craftsy hit two million makers (and counting) in 2013! We can’t wait to continue to grow and create with you this year.

Join us in making a crafty New Year’s resolution!

Take the pledge! How? It’s simple:

1. Tell us your resolution in our comments section below.

2. Place the pledge badge on your blog.

Craftsy Commit to Crafting Badge

Grab your badge here, by copying this code:

I pledged to be crafty with Craftsy!

3. Upload your resolution project to show it off once it’s done!

At Craftsy, we’re looking forward to even tastier cakes, new knitting techniques, show-stopping quilts and oh-so much more!

Check out some of our resolutions below… then let’s get started!

This year I want to spend more time honing my culinary skills, cooking memorable meals, and being with my friends and family!
–Nick Linkow, Jr. Copywriter

Since I failed miserably with my 2013 resolutions to partake in glitter-oriented crafting or contribute to city beautification by yarn-bombing something in Denver, I’ll instead resolve to facilitate others who are more adept at these skills. In 2014, I resolve to find and volunteer with a local organization that supports the arts and crafts!
–Michael Lengel, Sr. Marketing Manager

My resolution is to actually make a three-layer cake covered in fondant. (I’ve think I’ve watched enough Craftsy classes to know how it’s done!) Maybe I’ll even upload my finished cake to the Craftsy project gallery….if it turns out well.
–Laura Mier, Jr. Marketing Associate

I’d love to crochet a lacy shawl, especially since I see beautiful yarn every day! And I’ll definitely give Giuliano’s pasta class a try now that I have a pasta roller.
–Amelia Aaron, Jr. Copywriter

My resolutions are…to read more, rely on my iPhone less, learn how to crochet adorable amigurumi animals for my niece and attempt all five of the mother sauces.
–Karen Kelty, Online Editor

What are your resolutions for the new year?

Ladymax

My 2014 resolution is to spend as many hours as possible learning from Craftsy and quilting. As I am retired, this should work out to about 8 hours a day. Happy New Year to all Craftsy staff and members.

Kris

My main objective is to just “do”. That is something my mother did no matter what was going on in her life she just made sure she was doing something. I have met some of my goals from last year and actually in the scheme of things accomplished quite a bit. I would like to blog more and interact with the quilting community. I have lots of Craftsy classes to get to and many quilting projects and fabrics to worth with. If just one thing is made and done then I will have succeeded. :)

Thalia from Prussia

I feel a lack of doing handcrafts the last year, now it is time to change!
What I really want to do is more seing, quilting and knitting with the great lessons here at craftsy. I learned so much until today and really like to learn more!
Happy crafting and happy new year to all of you and especially to the team of craftsy :)

Jennifer in Colorado

My resolution is to create something new every week. Even if some weeks, it is just a new clean space on my sewing table! :)

quiltingflo

My goal for 2014 is to finish my quilting projects from previous years and complete my classes at Craftsy! Spend more time each day in quilting and less time on the web!

Laura

I loved the CAL, KAL and SewALs that Craftsy is doing and pledge to continue to participate in workshops throughout the year. I want to continue to grow my sewing and crochet knowledge and will do so by participating in at least 6 classes in 2014. Happy New Year!

Ramona

I pledge to make a pair of jeans for myself made to my measurements!

Sherrilynn Bair

Will there be another Block of the Month class in 2014? I enjoyed both the previous BOM classes.

Karen Kelty

Hi Sherrilynn!

Yes, there will be! More details to come soon :)

BetR

My goal is to break out of my “stitch” comfort zone and become proficient with cables and lace stitch patterns.

Sherry

I pledge to work on my projects for Christmas all through the year and not wait until the last minute to get started. Also, to keep my sewing room in some semblance of order. :-)

Rachelle - Warming Crafts

My resolution is to work from stash for both knitting and sewing; purchases are only allowed if it’s something I don’t have in stash and will be used immediately.

Juliann

My pledge is to dye more and expand my repertoire of surface design techniques. However I have already taken both Crafty classes on this subject so please being us more! Especially more Jane Dunnewold, but I’d also like to learn to dye animal fiber/yarn too!

3Patch

My goal is to have more time for designing patterns. I have a very special Christmas present – EQ7! I am so happy!

Jess

I’m going to become a better photographer and pick up
Another painting class as well as continue
Working on my degree in fine arts

Barbara

Someone gave me a huge bag full of novelty worsted. A huge bagful! My resolution is to use it all 72 skeins to crochet beanies, neck warmers and fingerless mitts to donate to our local homeless shelter. LOL – hoping to have finished the bagful by next December. Cheers and all the best for 2014, all you Craftsy folk.

Pat Stroup

I’ve taken all 3 of your Kenneth King classes….and I want more from Mr. King. Do you have more planned…if not…please reconsider…He’s the best….

Tracy

This year is the year for “Free Motion Quilting”! :-) I can’t wait to start Leah Day’s class on Free Motion. Thanks for all of the great classes! ~ Happy New Year and Happy Quilting!

Eleanor Dinwiddie

I plan to make a few quilts from my Craftsy classes and learn and practice more on my longarm. I made 2 of the Craftsy Bom Samplers from 2012. I’d like to find another Free BOM to do this year as well. I have 61 Craftsy Classes that I need to work on as well.

Tammy

This year I’m going too learn to spin! I’m taking the spindle course on Craftsy. Have already made it through the basics. I’m also giving away a Craftsy class worth $20 on my blog because I believe it’s so important for others to learn. Eclectictechnique.blogspot.com

Claudia Abdine

I want to start creating some art work and not be so hard on myself when it doesn’t turn out the way I want. I commit to making at least one small sketch of an object per week. :)