Easy Quilting Projects
Photo via A Quilting Life
Easy quilting projects are a blast. Since you are working on something simple, you can really relax and enjoy the creative process. Plus, your project can usually be completed from start to finish in a short amount of time. And it’s often possible to use scraps and leftovers from larger projects, making your easy quilting projects even economical to make.
Did you know Craftsy has a pattern shop featuring many easy quilting projects? Many of these beautiful yet easy patterns on Craftsy are inexpensive; some are even available for free. You might also enjoy Craftsy’s online quilting classes including easy quilting projects like Strip Your Stash with Nancy Smith.
Free business card holder pattern by Jodi Nelson available on Craftsy
Blogs and websites sponsored by fabric companies are also great places to look for easy quilting projects, as they often offer offer step-by-step photos of the process. The Moda Bake Shop and the Riley Blake Cutting Corners blog posts are two examples of great places to find easy quilting projects. The Art Gallery fabric company also features easy quilting project tutorials.
Some ideas for easy quilting projects include: pincushions, potholders, baby bibs, placemats, mug rugs, table runners, pillows, wall-hangings, and mini-quilts.
Here are some easy quilting projects to get you started:
- A super simple and fun “quilt-it-yourself” table runner pattern can be found at A Quilting Life
- A fun business card holder, free on Craftsy
- A great quilted patchwork bib tutorial is here at Sew She Sews
- A super cute dish soap bottle cover from Craftsy instructor Camille Roskelley
- An adorable fabric basket tutorial from Ayumi of the Pink Penguin blog
- A quick and easy Layer Cake quilt tutorial from the Moda Bake Shop
You might also enjoy these fast and easy quilt patterns.
With so many wonderful options and choices for easy quilting projects, which will you work on first?