Help with Handmade Goods for Children

Posted by on May 4, 2013 in Jewelry Making, Knitting, Quilting, Sewing | Comments

St. Jude Children's Hospital and Craftsy Cares

Join Craftsy Cares in helping to provide handmade goods for hospitalized children throughout the month of May, 2013. We’re thrilled to bring cheer by partnering with St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, internationally recognized for its pioneering work in finding cures and saving children with pediatric cancer.

St. Jude is unlike any other pediatric treatment and research facility. Discoveries made there have completely changed how the world treats children with cancer and other catastrophic diseases. With research and patient care under one roof, St. Jude is where some of today’s most gifted researchers are able to do science more quickly.

The children at St. Jude would love to receive any new toys or new handmade toys, blankets and trinkets including sketchbooks, jewelry, and more. Handmade gifts must be crafted with brand new materials, made in a pet and smoke free environment, and packed individually in Ziploc bags without personal information attached.

For the complete list of items in need and where to send them, read more on the Craftsy Cares page. It’s time to make a child’s day! We’re so excited to see what you, and everyone in the Craftsy community will make!

Comments

1. Marie Hodgson says:

I would like to buy Jenny Doan book quilting Quickly tome I and II…How I do that ???

2. Dorrie Duchesne says:

I was just looking into crocheting some items for the children at St.Jude’s and noticed it says no “stuffed” animals ? I make alot of stuffed animals (crocheted) and use the pollyfill is this not acceptable ? otherwise I think I’ll stick to making some afghans….boy and girl colors….? and is hats,mittens,slippers and kid vests….ok as well ?
    would appreciate any feedback…
    Dorrie
    May 4 2013

3. Lynda says:

Does anyone have a crochet pattern for the Hello Kitty? Thank You, Lynda Kirkpatrick

4. Megan says:

Hi Dorrie,

We have talked with St. Jude and they are accepting handmade items including stuffed animals for this drive!

best,
    Megan

5. beaulah smart says:

would love to help where do we send things to, i make cards as well if you would like any to sell i will give you some and how many children are in your care i think they may like to have a card each.

best wishes your doing a super job beaulah

6. Mary says:

I wanted to participate, but I have a dog. Since one of the requirements is a pet free environment, I won’t be able to do so. I understand the reason, but it’s disappointing. Good Luck, Y’all!

7. What a great thing to have this donation drive for St. Jude’s! I have a wonderful friend who regularly makes dolls for her local children’s hospital. She was my inspiration in making my new sewing pattern that is FREE and loaded onto Craftsy just yesterday. It is a nice pattern for donating toys for hospitals since it’s very quick and easy to make and washable. Just throwing it out there in case anyone needs an idea of what to make: http://www.craftsy.com/pattern/sewing/toy/my-baby-buddy/54293