Quilt with Craftsy Cares for the Ovarian Cancer Quilt Project

Quilters, we need your help! Support Craftsy Cares in partnering with the Blanton-Davis Ovarian Cancer Research Program at The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center. Create a quilt of any size and color to give to the Ovarian Cancer Quilt Project anytime from now until May 31, 2013 (quilts must be received by this date). Your quilting will be contributing to a great cause as the program aims to develop effective screening methods and ultimately a cure for ovarian cancer. After receiving quilts from Craftsy members an Online Quilt Auction featuring the quilts will run from October 23rd to November 6th to raise money for continuing research.

Craftsy Cares
If you’d like to participate this April, please keep these guidelines in mind when making your quilt:
  • Create any design or pattern of your preference.
  • Please attach the Quilt Sleeve sheet to the back of the quilt so that it is ready to hang and be used.
  • Quilt types needed: wall hangings, lap quilts (54” x 60”), children’s quilts, vintage style quilts, bed sized quilts, and any others that are easily manipulated for folding and storing.
  • Please fill out the Quilt Donation Form and send it along with your quilt.
  • If you’d like you can print the free Craftsy gift tag and include a personal note.

Completed quilts can be mailed to the address below or you can call 713-792-2765 to arrange a drop-off time at The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center.

Send completed quilts to:

MD Anderson Cancer Center
Attn: Ovarian Cancer Awareness Quilt Project
Department of Gynecologic Oncology and Reproductive Medicine – Unit 1362
1155 Herman Pressler, CPB 6.3444
Houston, TX 77030-3721

We hope you’re as excited as we are to get involved in this great initiative! Happy quilting!

Charleen Pridemore

Hi, I’m not to good on the quilting as of now but I can crochet and I was wondering if there is an organization that does the same thing you are doing but for crocheted afghans.
I would love to be of some help. My grandmother suffered so with ovarian cancer and passed away 13 years ago. Any help finding a group would be appreciated.

Charleen

Risa

Sorry, Charleen, we don’t know of any other groups collecting afghans for this purpose. I am sure that there are a number of organizations that would love to get an afghan from you, though. Sorry to hear about your grandmother.

Risa Myers (member of MD Anderson Ovarian Cancer Quilt Project Steering Committee)

sue bunkley

as a survivor of Ovarian cancer (2 Yrs so far) I am so happy to see craftsy do this.

Thanks

Asons Ovarian Cancer

Its a great attribute of yourselves that you are doing something so creative with such a good cause in mind. I work with victims of ovarian cancer misdiagnosis on a regular basis and so I only too often see people that have had their spirits and confidence totally knocked as they feel this disease has changed their lives for the worse.
Causes such as this will eventually get us closer towards a cure to wipe of this disease for good.
Keep up the hard work.

Sandra

so nice to see that there is a web sight out there for ov. cancer xo .survivor.

Sandra

some times i here people say chemo brain., think it visits me now and then.

shirl

My grandmother passed away this this cancer n i just lost my mother she had this cancer for 6 years during one if her cemo treatmemts she had to go out her room whem she returned thete was a blanket for her after she was gone my daughter asked my uncle who was left in charge if she could have the blanket he said no im an only child n i have two boy 17 n 19 n a girl 15 he yard saled all her belongi g it broke our hearts we werent aloud to even have our photo alblums but i thank u cause she really enjoyed her blanket it would had been treasured

Weida Shurtleff

I would like to help with quilts for the children. I can make any size small to large.