Prepare yourself, because this might be one of the coolest things we’ve encountered all year:
Craftsy instructor Brett Bara (she teaches Design Your Own Handbag with Brett Bara) has put together an absolutely awesome event in new York called Brooklyn Craft Camp: a one-day crafting extravaganza on March 16, 2013 in Greenpoint, Brooklyn. It’s a full day of jam-packed DIY fun, where attendees will craft their hearts out with some of NYC’s most creative authors and bloggers, while meeting new crafty friends, learning new skills, eating delicious food, sipping cocktails, and more. It’s a DIY party, all day long! This combines so many of our favorite things, it’s almost ridiculous. We’re talking about crafting. Tons of crafting. And then there’s tasty food. OK, who doesn’t love tasty food? And then there’s cocktails. Yes. Cocktails and crafting. Together. At last. The teachers include experts from Etsy, Anthropologie, and more. Plus, the keynote speaker is Project Runway winner Jay McCarroll!
This epic day of making will highlight everything that’s awesome about modern crafting, including:
- Four 90-minute craft classes, including knitting, crochet, jewelry, terrariums, embroidery, paper crafting & more
- All the materials and tools to complete four projects
- Awesome teachers, including NYC’s best authors, bloggers & designers
- Delicious, locally-made gourmet meals
- Photobooth fun
- DIY nail art & quickie crafts stations
- Cocktail hour
- The sparkling company of cool, crafty people!
So, in other words, this is pretty much the greatest party ever if you’re into crafting, which we must assume you are since you’re reading this on Craftsy. And did we mention it lasts all day? All day!