When it comes to crochet, you can make a lot of different stuff. From elegant shawls and stylish scarves to hip accessories and tasteful home decor. But if you’re looking to make something cute, soft, huggable, and sure to get people asking all kinds of questions, then you’ve got to check out Amigurumi! Japanese in origin, Amigurumi is a specific kind of crochet that has the crafter crocheting creatures then stuffing them, which results in a toy, or piece of decor. They frequently have a whimsical, almost cartoonish quality that kids and adults both love. Here at Craftsy, we can’t get enough of Amigurumi, which is why have two classes dedicated to it, Amigurumi: Woodland Animals and Amigurumi: Design Your Own Monster. Apparently, many of you members of our Craftsy community share our love for Amigurumi, as you’ve been uploading absolutely awesome projects. In this post, we wanted to feature some of our favorite Amigurumi projects, and share some excellent Amigurumi patterns from our very own Craftsy Pattern Marketplace to help you get started!
First, have a look at these projects:
1. The timeless, classic teddy bear done Amigurumi style by Jen-MA! We love it!
2. It’s not everyday you see bowling intersect with a Japanese form of crochet, but when you do, it’s pretty cool! Via KamiMarie.
3. Well, this is the snuggliest looking thing we’ve seen all day. Created by Craftsy member adorablykawaii.
4. Why didn’t we think of this?! Yarn is the perfect medium for Scottish terriers. Via ClaireSibley.
5. This particular giraffe by RobynInTucson is short in neck length, but long in cuteness!
Now that you’re feeling inspired, here are some awesome Amigurumi patterns for you to crochet. Get them at the Craftsy Pattern Marketplace!
Remember, Craftsy has two fun Amigurumi classes. Check out Amigurumi: Woodland Animals and Amigurumi: Design Your Own Monster today!