Adorable Animal Crochet Hats for Kids: Trend Alert!

Posted by on Jan 8, 2013 in Crocheting | Comments

Now that the holidays are over, the kids are headed back to school. In addition to backpacks, they all seem to be wearing something in common: crocheted animal hats! It’s certainly a hot new trend for the little ones, as evidenced right here on Craftsy where many of the crafters in our community have been busy crocheting animal hats for children of all ages. We’ve highlighted some of these wonderful crochet kids hats and crochet baby hats below—all of which pay homage to some very cute animals.

Elephant Hat
Craftsy user jennyandteddy just put us in a good mood for an entire week with this adorable baby crochet elephant hat.
Giraffe Hat
Craftsy user Sara852003 crocheted this perfect baby giraffe hat.

Monkey Earflap Hat
Kids: they will monkey around. How fitting then, is this crochet monkey hat for kids, made by Craftsy user MicahMakes.
Panda Bear Hat
A crochet panda bear hat like this, made by TampaBayCrochet, begs the important question: These are okay for adults to wear, right? Because we REALLY want one.

It’s not just on Craftsy where you’ll find animal crochet hats; check out the great examples on Pinterest! If you’d like to get in on the crochet animal hat fad and make some of your own, we have you covered. Take the online Craftsy class, Crochet Beyond Rectangles to learn a whole new (and fun) world of crochet.
Owl Hat
Craftsy user christine59724 was wise to make a crochet owl hat this good looking!

Comments

1. Iryna says:

I love making hats like these for friends, family and to sell. People of any age love them too!

2. Gather Phipps says:

Am very interested in making some of these adorable hats for my grandchildren and their friends. They look adorable and easy, however I do need some directions/instructions. Thank you in advance.

3. Judith davvis says:

I ran across an old crochet book.I found a pattern for a cafe curtian showing the stars and the moon I am going to make it. I will share pattern with anyone the book is from the 30′s

4. Judith davvis says:

I have neuropathy so bad but i will crochet hope it helps for therapy

5. Helene Soucy says:

The panda hat for little ones is very cute! Is there an online course or do you sell a pattern to make it?

6. Marie Bastian says:

Those are so great! I think crocheted animals are coming in by storm! I really want to make one of these for me niece! Thanks!

7. Judy says:

where do you find the crochet patterns for the animal hats

8. Megan says:

Hi Judy, Just click on the photos above and you will arrive at the crochet patterns for each!