Elisa Strauss’ Designer Handbag Cake: Not Quite a Carry-On

Posted by on Jan 1, 2013 in Cake Decorating | Comments

Among the many exciting upcoming online classes here at Craftsy is one called Designer Handbag Cakes. The instructor of the class, Elisa Strauss, prepared her designer handbag cake prior to coming to film her class in Denver. She decided to take some pictures of the cake on its journey. Now, as the title indicates, this is a class that teaches you to create cakes that look like designer purses. Just in case you’re wondering how much a cake can really look like a designer handbag, we thought we’d share some of these snapshots with you. We think you’ll be surprised at how realistic the rendering is. That might look like metal and crocodile skin, but, actually, it’s gumpaste and fondant!

Elisa Strauss' Designer Handbag travels to Denver! width=

Elisa Strauss' Designer Handbag travels to Denver! width=

Elisa Strauss' Designer Handbag travels to Denver! width=

Elisa Strauss' Designer Handbag travels to Denver! width=

Elisa Strauss' Designer Handbag travels to Denver! width=

Comments

1. Eleanor says:

I had to look and look again – I can’t believe that’s a cake. Absolutely fascinating…both the amazing cake and the means of transport! Hope it was a smooth flight!

2. Anamika Soni says:

Liked your purse with beautiful visual appeal.

3. Nikki Lynn Portillo says:

I just had to say how amazing it is to watch this adorable purse travel! I’ve always wanted to make one of these after seeing them a few months ago! Great work and I LOVE the color!

Thanks for sharing!

4. Mary Beth says:

Elisa, Thanks for sharing the travel photos! I wonder if this is the first time a purse got it’s own seat on an airplane! Love the photo of the little package that didn’t get to go on the plane!

5. Wendy Bennett says:

I had triple takes on this one, are you guys sure that this is a cake?!!!

6. Marilyne says:

i have purchased the class for making the hand bag its a beautiful project. unfortunate for me, i cant get the complete list of the supplies i need in order to start making this wonderful purse cake!

can you please e-mail me the list of specific items i need to purchase. I am eager to start my class.

Thank you in advance for your help in this matter.

sincerely,