Give Back this Holiday Season with National Tie-One-On-Day and Craftsy Cares

Posted by on Nov 3, 2012 in Cake Decorating, Contests & Giveaways, Crocheting, Gardening, Jewelry Making, Knitting, Paper Crafts, Quilting, Sewing | Comments

Craftsy and Tie-One-On-Day

If you’re looking for a way to give back this holiday season, consider “Tying one on,” and giving a homemade gift to someone in need. On November 21st, Craftsy is sponsoring National Tie One On Day, an event that takes place on the eve of Thanksgiving and asks participants all over the country to strap on your apron and pay it forward.

It’s simple to “Tie One On,” and give a gift to a neighbor, loved one, or those in need. EllynAnne Geisel, founder of National Tie One On Day, created this annual event using three simple steps: Wrap, Write, and Deliver.

Use EllynAnne’s pattern to create a beautiful custom apron to wrap a loaf of bread or a sweet Thanksgiving treat in, and include a heartfelt note to your receiver. Then pay a visit to your local homeless shelter, a neighbor, or a friend in need of a little holiday cheer and a kind gesture. Where you deliver your Tie One On package is up to you!

EllenAnne feels that aprons are especially significant on this holiday as “Women clad in aprons have traditionally prepared the Thanksgiving meal, and it is within our historical linkage to share our bounty.”

To participate in National Tie One On day, you can download EllynAnne’s pattern to create an apron, fill it with a treat and a note, then tie on your own apron to deliver your gift.

When you’re finished with your apron, download our FREE gift tag, attach it, and hand deliver your package wherever you choose. Before you deliver your gift, share your aprons as a project on Craftsy with “National Tie One On Day” in the subject so other participants can see your creation.

Comments

1. Dee Smith says:

I am new to Craftsy but I’m having a great time getting to know you guys..ty for the opportunity to enjoy all the free coupons and I also ordered yarn at 75% off!!
    I would like to participate in Tie One On….I don’t see where I can get the apron pattern…I’ll look again before I log off.
    ty for your time
    Dee Dee

1. joan says:

I can not find the link for the apron pattern also. Think this is a great idea and am looking forward to participating.

1. Support says:

Hello Joan,

Sorry for the confusion! Just click on the words “EllynAnne’s pattern to create a beautiful custom apron” in orange above and you will be taken directly to the pattern!

2. Julie Babe says:

This is a great idea. I am always looking for ways to combine crafting and helping others. It is perfect since my daughter and I are helping out at our church’s food pantry on the weekend before Thanksgiving. Thank You!
    Julie

3. Toni Paige says:

We get together on a Tuesday night at our clubhouse. Us ladies are called crafty guilters, Jewelry making is fun as well as knitting and quilting. Looking forward to your ideas.

4. Doris Steele says:

Ellen Ann Geisel sounds just like the accent where I lived as a child. Is she from Tennessee? I love her accent and she is just sooooo cute! Doris

5. Regina says:

is there a download link for the apron as well? I’d love to do this but don’t see the apron pattern. Thanks for such a wonderful idea!!

1. Support says:

Hi Regina,

We’re sorry for the confusion about the pattern. You can find it by clicking the words “EllynAnne’s pattern to create a beautiful custom apron” in orange above. This will take you directly to it!

6. Elaine Papworth says:

I, too, would like to participate. Do you have an apron pattern to use? And a big Thank You to Craftsy…I use your site all the time.

Elaine Papworth

1. Support says:

Hello Elaine,

We’re so glad you want to participate! You can find EllynAnne’s apron pattern by clicking the words “EllynAnne’s pattern to create a beautiful custom apron” in orange above. This will take you directly to it!

7. Tina says:

I can’t find the download for the pattern either.

1. Support says:

Hello Tina,

We’re sorry for the confusion about the pattern! You can find it by clicking the words “EllynAnne’s pattern to create a beautiful custom apron” in orange above. This will take you directly to it!

8. jns says:

I am signed up for a number of Craftsy workshops and online classes. You are the best! I am also at a loss as to where to find EllynAnne’s apron pattern you mention. Thanks.

1. Support says:

Hello! Thanks for being a part of Craftsy and sorry for the confusion about the pattern! You can find the pattern by clicking the words “EllynAnne’s pattern to create a beautiful custom apron” in orange above. This will take you directly to it!

9. Judy Lemieux says:

Hi. The link “EllynAnne’s pattern to create a beautiful custom apron” goes to a single page that has some measurements with minimal instructions. There is no illustration what the finished apron should look like. I think I can figure it out, but I would expect beginner sewists to have difficulty with this ‘pattern’. Is there a way to include a few diagrams and a line drawing of the finished apron to help people with the process of making it?

1. Support says:

Hi Judy,
      Sorry for the trouble! EllynAnne’s pattern is a guideline for a potential pattern you can use, but we unfortunately do not have any additional details or diagrams for it. Please feel free to use any apron pattern of your choice! Below is a search on Craftsy for apron patterns you may use in place of EllynAnne’s pattern, including a few free options. I hope that helps!