Salt Lake City, here we come!
What's Sewing Summit, you ask? A truly unique sewing and blogging conference, where modern sewists take over the historic Little America Hotel for a weekend to participate in hands-on workshops, lectures, mixers and more. It's part sewing retreat, part social media conference, and all together awesome.
This is the second year of Sewing Summit, and based on the success of last year's event, tickets sold out in just one day! We're so excited that this year's stellar lineup of teachers features Craftsy instructor Deborah Moebes or Whipstitch, whose A-Line skirt class launches in just a few weeks. And tons of great sponsors are on board alongside us—like our friends Threadbias, Mood, Baby Lock and more—so the goodies are bound to be terrific.
Outside of the conference sessions, here are some spots where you can catch us:
- In the hotel room, assembling presents for each attendee. We'd love a hand or two, so please leave a comment if you'd like to come help and we'll get in touch! Awesome 80's music and room service provided.
- The Quilt Shop Hop & Thrifting Tour: The bus-o'-sewists will make stops at Yellow Bird Fabrics, Pine Needles Quilt Shop, and The Material Girls Quilts.
- The Craftsy Opening Reception: We're helping kick off the weekend by hosting a little party. Collect your drink ticket at the hotel check-in, and come to Ballroom C from 5 - 6:30 pm to mingle and grab your super awesome Craftsy goodie bag.
- 8 pm: The Salt Lake Modern Quilt Guild mixer
- Evening open sew: We'll be on hand to chat about working with Craftsy on your blog, answer questions, hear ideas, etc.
- Evening open sew: On hand to chat
- Craftsy Partner Meetup: An open call to all craft bloggers, pattern designers, guild representatives, and anyone else in the Salt-Lake-and-beyond area looking to spread the crafting love. We're happy to support you with access, contests, content, and monetization... so come share your blog, group, or business with us and let's work together! Join us at the Little America Coffee Shop, any time 9 - 11 am. Kindly rsvp, thanks!
Quite a lineup of fun, right? We can't wait... Please say hello if you'll be there!
Lisa Anne, Director of Marketing (@lalogan)
Susanne, Quilting Acquisitions Editor (@craftyeditor)
Lyric, Community Relations Associate (@lyrichealy)