Fall is here, and that means it's time for two of the biggest events in the quilting world: International Quilt Market and International Quilt Festival! We're taking 18 members of the Craftsy team to these back-to-back shows in Houston, and have tons of activities lined up where we can meet all of you.
QUILT MARKET: Friday, October 26 - Monday, October 29
For those of you who aren't familiar with Quilt Market, it's the bi-annual trade show where quilt and fabric shops see what's new in the industry and order fabric, patterns, notions and more for the upcoming season. We'll be in booth 1461, where we can answer any questions about Craftsy Connect for retailers, our fee-free Patterns marketplace, guild and blogger partnerships, how to pitch a class idea, and more. Retailers who sign up for Craftsy Connect at the show will be entered to win a spot on the Craftsy Quilt Cruise! Beyond the booth, here are some other places you can catch us throughout the show:
- Schoolhouse: The day before Market officially opens, attendees gather for Schoolhouse, a series of 15- and 30-minute classes running back to back from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Market exhibitors present a lecture or demo on new ideas, trends, techniques, products, or business opportunities. Schoolhouse draws about 1500 retailers and designers, running between 21 classrooms, and is a total whirlwind of fun and learning. For the first time, Craftsy will be presenting a Schoolhouse, to introduce Craftsy Connect—our revenue sharing partnership program for independent retailers. See you in room 372 E&F; from 2:35 - 3:05 p.m.!
- Fabric 2.0: We're sponsoring this much-loved kickoff cocktail party, which is from 6 - 8 p.m. on the third floor of the Hilton (right before Sample Spree). This is the first chance for most in the industry to get together, see friends and colleagues, and toast to a successful weekend ahead. The first 200 rsvps (which went in a flash!) will receive goodie bags at the door and two free drink tickets, though anyone can attend... so please join us!
- Booth 1461: We'll be in our booth from 9:30 a.m. to 6 p.m., so come on by to say hello!
- Modern Quilt Guild Meetup: Join us and MQG members galore at this cocktail party connecting modern quilting lovers from around the world (8 - 10 p.m. in George Bush Ballroom A Level 3).
- Booth 1461: Open 9:30 a.m. - 6 p.m. on Sunday, and 9:30 a.m. - 4 p.m. on Monday. See you there!
QUILT FESTIVAL: Thursday, November 1 - Sunday, November 4
Craftsy is sponsoring this year's Open Studios, located on 'Main Street' near the food court. Over the four days of Festival, we'll be rotating 36 featured artists through four mini-classrooms as each presents tips and tricks on the topics of Embellish, Stitch, Quilt, and Paint. Craftsy instructors Carol Ann Waugh, Ann Petersen, and Peggy Martin are just three of the many talented superstars who will be leading Open Studios sessions.
We'll also be in booth 2057 from Thursday through Sunday, where you can check out the new iPad app, pick up some fun Craftsy swag, and even chat personally with some of our wonderful instructors. They'll be joining us in the booth at these times:
- 10:00 - 11: 00 Laura Wasilowski (upcoming instructor - look for her course in the next few months!)
- 2:30 - 4:30 Peggy Martin, Quick Strip Paper Piecing
- 10:00 - 11:30 Ann Petersen, Beyond Basic Machine Quilting; Quilting Big Projects on a Small Machine
- 2:00 - 4:00 Carol Ann Waugh, Stupendous Stitching; Stitch and Slash
- 4:45 - 5:45 Wendy Butler Berns, Machine Quilting; Art Quilting 101; Pictorial Quilting Techniques
- 1:30 - 3:30 Ann Petersen
- 4:00 - 6:00 Peggy Martin
We have a busy ten days coming up, and we can't wait to get started. Are you going to be in Houston for Market or Festival? Let us know in the comments, and we will see you there!