Calling Craftsy Designers: There’s Still Time to Enter the STITCHES East Design Competition!

Posted by on Aug 2, 2012 in Crocheting, Knitting | Comments

If you aren’t already, start getting your designs ready for the runway, this is your opportunity to go from hobbyist to mega star! To do so, enter your knit or crochet design in the STITCHES Design Competition before September 4, 2012 for a chance to see your creation featured in the highly anticipated fashion show at STITCHES East.

How to enter:

1. Design a pattern and knit or crochet your piece using Fiesta Yarns (any color, combination or line).
  2. Take a picture of your finished piece.
  3. Upload both your pattern and your photos by September 4, 2012.
  4. Include this somewhere in the title: “STITCHES Fashion Show” and the name of your design.

The designs will then be juried by Craftsy, STITCHES, and Fiesta Yarns. We will announce winners September 4, 2012. We encourage designers to promote themselves and we will consider community votes in the form of “hearts” on your projects. The top three designs will be featured on our blog.

The first place winner will be featured in the STITCHES East Fashion Show in October, 2012. The pattern will be publicized at our booth and on Craftsy.com. And remember, the winner also receives a $1,000 grand prize!

Comments

1. Jules says:

This sounds like a lot of fun to enter. I just wish the very small hanks didn’t cost so much. I have a hard enough time convincing my Husband that $6.50 for 20+ different skeins is not much for the higher end brand (I usually just buy Lion Brand Fisherman’s Wool in the natural, so I can use wilton cake and other food coloring agents to “paint” the wool). As it is, I have to put several of my classes on your wonderful site on hold until mid September to buy the yarn I need, especially the Fair Isle sweatervest one.
    Will there be another contest along these lines later on?

2. Sandy says:

I am confused. In the beginning paragraph it says to enter by Aug. 21st, but the directions say to upload your photo and pattern by Sept. 4th. What is the deadline to enter?

1. Megan says:

Hi Sandy,

Sorry about that! The correct date is September 4th. Hope to see your design entered!

My best,
      Megan

3. Sandy Huff says:

Just for your information- I know this is not your fault, but due to unsatisfactory customer service on the part of Fiesta Yarns, I will not have my design finished in time for the contest. I ordered the yarn two weeks ago and was told today that the dyer is out of town until this Tues. I was also quoted one price and charged a different price. I am very upset with Fiesta Yarns at the moment and very upset that my design will not be in time to be considered! I will be contacting the owner of Fiesta as well.

1. Support says:

Sandy – I’m so sorry to hear of your not so great experience with Fiesta Yarns. I hope they are able to help resolve everything for you! If there is anything we can do, we’re here for you. You can email us anytime at: help@craftsy.com

4. Agnese says: