Step Two: Craftsy Quilt of Valor Mystery Quilt-a-long!
Welcome to Part Two of this guest Quilt-a-long series from Alycia of Alycia Quilts. This week, Alycia tells you what pieces to cut from your fabric. Come back each week for the next step of the mystery quilt designed for Quilts of Valor! This quilt will also be featured in an upcoming Craftsy quilting class.
Hopefully you all have your fabrics chosen or purchased? Let’s move on to the cutting instructions.
- 1 – 2 inch strip. Sub-cut this 2 inch strip into 8 – 2 inch squares
- 5 – 3 inch strips (put aside for the inner border)
- 2 – 2 inch strips (you will use your Recs ruler on these)
- 4 – 2 ½ inch strips
- 6 – 7 ½ inch strips (for your outer border)
- 2 – 5 inch strips
- 2 – 8 ½ inch strips
- 2 – 2 inch strips (Sub-cut into 32 – 2 inch squares, and save the left over for the next cutting step)
- 1 – 2 inch strip, plus the extra (you will use your TRI ruler on these)
- 7 – 12 ½ inch squares
Yay – Take a break, you deserve it!! Any guesses on what we’re going to end up with? As always, if you have questions feel free to email me at AlyciaQuilts@gmail.com
Cut your pieces out and come back next Wednesday to find out what the next step will be! Join us for the next four weeks as we create a mystery quilt together. For step one, click here. If you’d like to see why Alcyia is so passionate about Quilts of Valor, check out her latest blog post about some of the amazing men and women who receive these quilts.