We Changed Up Our Look! Check Out What’s New on Your My Craftsy profile!

Posted by on Aug 15, 2012 in Cake Decorating, Crocheting, Fiber Arts and Felting, Gardening, Jewelry Making, Knitting, Paper Crafts, Quilting, Sewing | Comments

Now when you log into Craftsy, your member homepage looks a bit different. You can get the latest news on all your Craftsy activities more easily, and browse suggestions for things you might like to make next! This sleeker, more intuitive experience is designed to let you do more watching, learning, and interacting, and help you find classes, projects, and patterns tailored to your taste. Here’s an overview of what’s new:

My Craftsy: It’s all about you! Each time you sign in, you’ll receive a custom activity feed featuring class announcements, pattern updates, responses to discussion questions you’ve posted, comments from other members your projects and patterns, and more. All of these updates are based on classes you’re enrolled in, patterns you’ve bought, and projects and patterns you’ve posted to the Craftsy community.

The class rolodex feature located in the brand new My Craftsy homepage.

What’s Hot: This is a personalized wall of classes, patterns, projects, and deals picked specifically for you. Suggestions are based on what you’ve enjoyed on our site, and what similar crafters also enjoy looking at, purchasing, and creating.

The What's Hot feed that is specifically tailored to your taste.

Public Member Profile: The new public profile for each member is a classy, professional way for other Craftsy members to get to know you as a crafter and for you to get to know other members of the community! It compiles patterns and projects that you’ve posted, users you’re following, and your other social media sites all in one place, so visitors can learn more about you and check out what you’ve created. Seeing is believing… so check out the new public Craftsy profiles for a few members like Stefanie Japel, Linda Permann, and Carol Ann Waugh.

Instructor Stefanie Japel's public profile on Craftsy.

We hope you enjoy your new look and we’re eagerly awaiting your feedback! Our site engineers are constantly working to improve the Craftsy website to make it an easy and rewarding place for you to find your next great project and class, and the best all-in-one crafting tool. Keep your eyes peeled for a wishlist for courses and workshops, and a shopping cart you can use to make one single purchase for all of your classes and deals.

Comments

1. m4z says:

I really like the new look. Everything is neatly laid out and easy to find – especially for those who have signed up for a lot of classes!

2. Ladymax says:

I have been using the new look of Craftsy for several days now and I love it. There is so much info in one place it is just great and so easy to use. Once again to the Craftsy team, KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK.

3. Patricia says:

Do you have a Craftsy app for the iPhone or iPad? I’m always wanting to upload pics from my iPod to Craftsy.

1. Support says:

We are currently working on a Beta version of our Ipad App which should be available to the public in the near future!

4. knitlegal says:

The new look is more intuitive to use. Thanks, Craftsy.
    On my personal page is it possible to organize my classes into categories by craft type and store them in that manner?
    Also, the shipping costs of a store item can no longer be found where it used to be. Where did it go?

5. I Like the new site format so much better now! Thank you, thank you for putting back the ability to mouse over each design and see the current and total sales. Very important!

6. I am very happy with the new shop format. Now only my own designs show in my shop, previously another crafter with the same last name shared my page. Thank you!

7. kathy osterby says:

I’m liking the new look! So much easier to read. Good Job!

8. Karen Pior says:

I love the new look. Easy to navigate, easy to see all your stuff and a great way to see at a glance the latest offerings by those you follow and those who have generously left comments on your own things. Well done Craftsy. Very innovative. Love to see the suggestions specifically for us as well as there are so many new classes coming out that you sometimes miss ones that are great for you. Again – well done Craftsy.

1. Support says:

Hi Karen,

Thanks for the great feedback! I’m glad you like the new layout as much as we do. We’ll keep bringing you great suggestions of projects and classes you may have missed before so there will be always something fun to try!

9. Joyce Steiner says:

Great ideas folks… I can’t wait!