Closed Captioning Now Available for 71 Craftsy Classes!

Back in June, we were excited to announce the release of closed captioning for 13 Craftsy online classes, and promised more classes with closed captioning to come. We’re pleased to say, there are now 71 Craftsy classes with this feature (and five more coming soon!).

Here’s the updated list of Craftsy classes with closed captioning available:

Quilting

Sewing

Cake Decorating

Food Craft

Spinning

Knitting

Crocheting

Jewelry

Weaving

Paper Arts

Home & Garden

Holiday

Don’t forget, our closed captioning feature isn’t simply what meets the eye. It allows you to search classes for any keyword, phrase or technique you may be looking for. We think it’s a pretty neat feature, so give it a try and let us know what you think!

We’re continuing to add closed-captioning to more Craftsy classes, so if you don’t see the class(es) you were hoping for in the list above, stay tuned for more news soon. Happy Learning!

Rosemary

I think it’s wonderful that you’ve added the closed-captioning feature to so many classes. This will open up Craftsy classes to a group of individuals who before may have been unable to participate before this updated aspect. I’m sure there are organizations that you can approach to publicize this awesome new feature that will bring more awareness to their members of the wonderful classes available on-line.

Lady bev

Is the Craftsy quilting Block of the Month, with Amy Gibson, on your next list to be added?

Hi Lady bev,

Our goal is to eventually have all of our courses available with closed captioning, including “The Craftsy Block of The Month”. We are working hard to get them done! Thanks for your patience while we work on this.

Shantel Collins

Thank you so much for adding this feature. As someone who is hearing impaired I cannot being to tell you how much this added feature means to someone like me!!!

Aria Dawn

This is awesome that you’re making your website fully accessible to the Deaf and Hard of Hearing community as well as to people with auditory processing difficulties. You are a model for internet based businesses. Keep up the good work!

Mary

Great feature. Might I suggest the cc symbol somewhere on the class page or the detail page. I didn’t even see it on the pages from the links above. It’s the first thing I look for.

Hi Mary,

Thanks for the great suggestion! I would be happy to pass this token of info along to our engineering department!

Elspeth Coons

This is great, and I am pleased to see that there are video clips that have subtitled or closed captions in it. However, it would be great if you could input closed captions for Cake Decorations as that’s where my primary interests is at. Thanks and keep up your good work!

Hi Elspeth Coons,

Thanks for your feedback! Our goal is to have all of our classes have an option for closed captioning. Thanks for your patience while we work on this and we hope to have more out to you soon!

Judy

Im excited to learn you have have classes with closed captioned. Its a definitely bonus for deaf community as we have many deaf quilters. Looking forward to checking out the classes.

Molly

Thank you for listening my suggestions at the International Quilt Show last year. As hearing impaired, I often try to understand but couldn’t. Now, I CAN. Thank you so much.

Judi

I have not tried this yet, but I am assuming the classes have been ‘retro-fitted’ so classes I have purchased previously will be captioned?

At least I hope that is the case.

Support

Judi – That’s correct, while we don’t have an exact time frame for when we’ll be able to implement closed captioning across the board, we’re working as fast as we can to get make this feature available for all classes.

Angela W.

Thank you! This makes life easier for us who are hearing impaired or deaf. Thank you.

Support

Angela – Thanks for letting us know. We’re always looking to improve Craftsy!

Lizz Dominguez

Thank you so much for making your wonderful classes available to so many more people. I am hearing but at a much diminished level than my earlier years. I’m not old, my ears are. I recently discovered your website and am an ardent fan. Keep up the good work. Wish more companies had your insight and willingness to welcome all visitors.

Support

Lizz – Thanks for the great feedback! We’re always looking for the next idea on how we can improve your Craftsy experience. Keep the great feedback and suggestions coming!

Sherry

Thank you!! I struggle with my hearing impairment in regards to videos without caption. This will be an enormous help to myself and others!

Support

Sherry – I’m so glad it’s helpful to you and your fellow Craftsy members.

Judy

Thank you so much for the closed captioning! I already joined Ridgid Heddle Weaving. I wish I could all the courses, but I guess I’ll have to settle for just a few. I think you should contact Hard of Hearing Associations and let them know about this. Thanks again!

Support

Judy, We’re working on adding closed captioning for all of our classes! We’ll get these out as fast as we can. Thanks for the suggestion on contacting Hard of Hearing Association. We’ll see what we can do.

Andi

This is a great feature to your great website.
PS I really enjoyed my rigid heddle weaving class and are hoping that you will in the future add more weaving classes. Also, I found the repeat function really helpful.

Support

Andi – Thanks so much for the great feedback. We’re so glad to hear you are enjoying your rigid heddle weaving class. There’s always more Craftsy classes coming!

Judy

I’m hoping you’ll get captioning for spindling, I want to learn that to!

Mel

Thanks so much for adding this feature. CC really makes a big difference to what I watch as I have trouble hearing!

Support

Mel – I’m so glad closed captioning is helpful to you. Thanks for letting us know!

Shawn Morris

I’m so glad that you’ve got more closed captioning. I read lips and just find the classes too frustrating without it. Thanks!

Sheila

I am also hearing impaired plus have an eyesight problem in one eye. I am so interested to read that other deaf people are excited about the closed captioning, but could you please advise me what closed captioning will look like and is about as I am not a tech-savvy person and have to learn about these new things as I go along, i also take some of your classes and so will be glad when they are also attended to. Many thanks. Is it possible to email me your reply in case I don’t find your answer here.

Support

Sheila – Not a problem, we’ll send you an email with some screenshots so you can get a feel for the closed captioning and see first hand what it looks like.

Sue Wallis

Thank you so much for deciding to caption your on line classes. As a hearing impaired person, I have struggled to understand the class I have signed up for,with closed captions I can now really get the most out of the class & maybe sign up for more! Thank you once again.

Support

Sue, I’m so glad you are enjoying the closed captioning feature! We’ll be working to add that for each Craftsy class as quickly as we can.

Debbie

Hello I was hopeing someone could help me, maybe give me some hints. I have made several baby bootie patterns and almost every time when I make the second bootie to the pair one is bigger than the other one. It’s driving me nuts! So unless I find a baby with one bigger foot ; ) ……. Thanks for any help you can offer.

Susie

Has anyone actuallly viewed these classes yet??? Its about time that u added this feature!! lol Will definatly look closely at ur classes now :) Wasnt a good feeling being left out !! lol Thank u again !

PS. IF u could mail me one of those screenshots i would ever be so gratefull :)

Susie

Kimber Desomma

I precisely wanted to say thanks once again. I am not sure the things I would have achieved in the absence of those creative concepts documented by you relating to my subject. It had been a difficult matter in my view, nevertheless taking a look at a new professional way you treated the issue took me to cry with delight. Now i’m grateful for the guidance and in addition wish you find out what a great job that you’re undertaking teaching the others with the aid of your blog. I’m certain you’ve never come across all of us.