Calling Craftsy Designers: STITCHES East Design Competition

Here’s your opportunity to go from hobbyist to mega star!

We are teaming up with STITCHES and Fiesta Yarns to offer all Craftsy knit and crochet designers the opportunity to compete for a chance to have their one of a kind design featured in a fashion show! As an added bonus, the winning designer will also receive a $1,000 grand prize!

At every STITCHES event there is a highly anticipated fashion show, where industry professionals and attendees eagerly await to see unique designs handmade by top designers.

We want to give the Craftsy designer community the chance to have their unique shawl, sweater, vest or accessory walk down the runway to an audience of influencers, designers and professionals.

How to enter:

1. Design a pattern and knit or crochet your piece using Fiesta Yarns (any color, combination or line).
  2. Take a picture of your finished piece.
  3. Upload both your pattern and your photos by September 4, 2012.
  4. Include this somewhere in the title: “STITCHES Fashion Show” and the name of your design.

The designs will then be juried by Craftsy, STITCHES, and Fiesta Yarns. We will announce winners September 4th. We encourage designers to promote themselves and we will consider community votes in the form of “hearts” on your projects. The top 3 designs will be featured on our blog.

The first place winner will be featured in the STITCHES East Fashion Show in October, 2012. The pattern will be publicized at our booth and on Craftsy.com. And remember, the winner also receives a $1,000 grand prize!

Good luck, we can’t wait to see what you make!

The Craftsy Team

Rebecca

Hi Sue,

Since STITCHES is a knitting and crochet event, this contest is specifically for knitting and crochet designs.

However, we also have a sewing contest running right now! You can enter here: http://www.craftsy.com/lp/Bernina_DIYWedding_7-7-12

We will definitely be doing more contests coming up that involve other crafts as well, so stay tuned! If you have any more questions, please feel free to post again!

Evu

Is this open to international crocheters too or is it only open to US citizens??

Rebecca

Hi Evu,

This contest is open to both US and International crafters! Good luck and let us know if you have any additional questions!

Randy Lee

When you upload the pattern, does it have to be available for free? And do you maintain rights to the design?

Tricia

I was wishing there were worsted weight solids. I love the Boomerang, but am having trouble finding what I need for a project.

knitspinner69

Question about the deadline: Is it August 21st or Sept. 4th? The official rules have the Aug deadline bolded, but the skinny up top shows the Sept. date.

Rebecca

The deadline for the competition is September 4th, 2012. I have updated the official rules to reflect this deadline. I apologize for any confusion!

Christine Marie Chen

I take it we need not be present at Stitches East to enter and/or win? I’m on the west coast, so that wouldn’t be possible.
-aka needle2needle on Craftsy

Rebecca

Hi Christine!

You do not need to be present at STITCHES East to enter, so please feel free to submit your design!

Cathy Bradford

Does it have to be something to wear or can it be a baby blanket or some other item?

Rebecca

Hi Cathy,

For this specific competition, it needs to be a garment, a bag, or an accessory you can wear (hat, shawl, etc). We well have more contests in the future that allow for a wider range of items; however, since this is for a fashion show, it needs to be something wearable.

Rebecca

Hi Becca,

If you go to the pattern section and enter “STITCHES Fashion Show” into the search box, you will see the entries. Let us know if you have any other questions!

Vicki

I have 2 Q’s
1: I see from the rules that entry into the competition gives Craftsy Inc all rights to use of the images I submit, but I am not clear about what that means regarding the submitted item or the pattern.
2: Also, does the pattern get published or just promoted by Craftsy Inc, and what is the situation on copyright. I have a potential entry, but it is a pattern I would not choose to publish until a later date.

Rebecca

Hi Vicki,

Regarding question #1, I’m not exactly sure what your question is. Please refer to section 7 of the rules (located here: http://blog.craftsy.com/stitches-east-competition/) and that might help answer your question. If that doesn’t help, perhaps you could clarify exactly what you’re not clear about, and I’d be happy to answer your question as best as possible.

Regarding question #2, as part of entering the contest, the pattern is published to the designer’s pattern store at Craftsy upon uploading (i.e. all users of Craftsy can find it in that designer’s pattern store). That being said, if you do not want to publish your pattern until a later date, I’d suggest not entering. Does that make sense?

If you still need clarification on your questions, please feel free to post again and I will do my best assist you. Thanks!

Kathy Crowell

HI Rebecca,
I did a search in patterns for “STITCHES Fashion Show” and got 6,680 results. There were beading, sewing, embroidery patterns and no Fiesta yarn. How do I get to see the entries?
Thanks, Kathy

Rebecca

Hi Kathy,

Are you looking for your entry in particular? If you can let me know the title of your entry I can help you find it. Or are you just trying to browse the entries?

Rebecca

Kathy,

I just entered “STITCHES Fashion Show” into the project search box, and it is working; however, so far there aren’t many entries. That’s probably why other projects are coming up in search in addition to projects for the design competition. As the deadline approaches, we’re hoping to get more entries so stay tuned!