Hi designers and creators! Craftsy Instructor Vickie Howell is raising epilepsy awareness through her new charitable organization, the Purple Stitch Project, and would love your help!
Vickie is collecting knit, crocheted, sewn, or embroidered projects to be distributed to kids and teens with epilepsy. Visit Craftsy to take a look at the Purple Stitch patterns that our Craftsy members have uploaded, or use any of your favorite patterns to create a one-of-a-kind item to be donated to the Purple Stitch Project. These items will go to kids and teens with epilepsy to remind them that they are not alone.
Here’s how you can participate and help raise epilepsy awareness:
- Make a purple project appropriate for a kid or teen using either a free Purple Stitch Project pattern or a pattern of your choice (remember to use purple – the color of epilepsy awareness – somewhere in your project).
- Take a picture of your finished projects and upload it to Craftsy with “Purple Stitch Project” in the title.
- Send your finished project to:
Purple Stitch Project
9901 Brodie Ln, Ste 160 #268
Austin, TX 78748
- If you can’t donate a project, you can still help out by “hearting” Purple Stitch Projects on Craftsy. For every 10 hearts a PSP project gets, Craftsy will donate $1 to the Purple Stitch Project.
- Pat yourself on the back for contributing your time or talents to a great cause!
Get started on your Purple Stitch Project projects today!