Free Lacy Shawl Pattern & 15% off Malabrigo Lace Yarn

Posted by on Jul 16, 2012 in Knitting | Comments

We’re excited to share a special, hand-picked yarn deal for 15% off Malabrigo Lace Yarn in 148 Hollyhock. This yarn is perfect for making the Lacy Zig Zag Shawl Pattern below, available for free download. Each deal includes two skeins of yarn, with 940 total yards of this gorgeous 100% Baby Merino Wool yarn. Click here to order now.

Now that you’ve got the yarn, download the free knitting pattern for the Lacy Zig Zag Shawl pictured above from independent designer Amadeit! You can download the pattern instantly and begin work on this lovely shawl. Happy knitting!

Comments

1. Marta says:

Please tell me how much yarn do I need for that shawl? Thank you!

1. Rebecca says:

Hi Marta,

The shawls in the photographs measure about 190×50 cm and they all used over 1000 yards of yarn; however, according to the link, the amount of yarn will vary depending on the size you want your shawl to be. So the less yarn you use, the smaller the shawl will be. I hope this helps! If you have any other questions, let us know!

1. Marta says:

Thanks Rebecca, I already got in touch with the designer who was sweet and gave me details and answered all my questions!

2. Dana says:

I love this but have minimal knitting skills. How difficult is the pattern?

1. Rebecca says:

Hi Dana,

According to the pattern description made by the designer, the skill level for this particular pattern is marked as novice, so you should be good to go! If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to ask!

3. wendy gerber says:

you show the shawl in blues, but the yarn you have listed is pink,
    what is the name of the blue? i would like to order it?

1. Rebecca says:

Hi Wendy,

We currently do not have that particular color of yarn available. If you’re looking for an exact match, I recommend posting a comment for the pattern designer to ask what yarn she used. You can do that at this link: http://www.craftsy.com/pattern/knitting/Accessory/lacy-zig-zag-shawl/11136/comments

If you have any additional questions, please let us know!

4. Janet says:

Is this really knitted? I make Prayer Shawals and would like to try this.

1. Rebecca says:

Hi Janet,

Yes, the Lacy Zig Zag Shawl is most definitely knitted! Enjoy!

5. Cheryl says:

I have a question. I am interested in taking advantage of one of your Bulk yarn deals. I would like to buy 2 sets (10 skeins) of the Cascade Rustic Yarn in the same color. Can I be assured of getting the same dyelot for both sets? I am interested in Chianti. Thank you.

1. Rebecca says:

Hi Cheryl,

Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee the same dye lots with any purchase, but we try our absolute best to match orders with dye lots. If for whatever reason you are unhappy with the dye lots, we are more than happy to offer a return or exchange. If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to ask!

6. Marta says:

What brand of of circular needles would work well for this shawl? the yarn I have calls for size 8.

1. Rebecca says:

Hi Marta,

It would probably be best to post a comment for the designer because the circular needles that you need will depend on the weight of the yarn that you would like to use. You can post a comment for her here: http://www.craftsy.com/pattern/knitting/Accessory/lacy-zig-zag-shawl/11136/comments

If your yarn is calling for size 8, you could also try checking out these Google results: https://www.google.com/search?q=size+8+circular+knitting+needles&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&channel=fflb

I hope this helps in your search!

7. Lizette says:

Hi there, Rebecca,

Do you ship to the U.K? I’m based in Scotland, so it’s a long way for a bit of yarn to travel. I love trying out new yarns, and I’m just finishing off something earthy and textural, so it’s about time to do something lacy and feminine. Sure, there’s plenty of sheep here too – just not in that delicious colour!

1. Rebecca says:

Hi Lizette,

Thank you for reaching out to us! Unfortunately, we are temporarily suspending international shipping. Despite the fact that many packages get where they are intended, a significant percentage do not; or if they do, the transit time from the US is unacceptably long. Lost shipments result in poor experiences for you, our customers.

We are working hard to find partners across the globe who can carry your packages safely, securely, and deliver them on time. However, until we get a better system set up we will be temporarily suspending all international shipments outside the US. Unfortunately I don’t have a more specific time frame for you for when we’ll find a better solution.

We see this as a short-term set back that will allow us to achieve an excellent long-term solution. We love having you be a part of the community and will do everything we can to find a solution. I will be sure to put up a blog post as soon as we do have a solution and are able to ship internationally, so that everyone is informed.

I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this may cause. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or feedback.