Closed Captioning Now Available for 13 Craftsy Classes
We’re always looking for feedback from Craftsy members to help us improve the site, learning platform, features and offerings. After all, we built this for you! Within a few weeks of launching our first round of online classes about 18 months ago through today, we’ve received quite a few requests for Closed Captioning for classes.
It took us some time to find the right technology solutions while also also ensuring Closed Captioning would be a fluid, helpful and intuitive feature to make the class experience that much better. After many months of development and testing, we’re extremely happy to announce Closed Captioning is now available for 13 Craftsy classes!
Craftsy classes available with Closed Captioning:
- Art Quilting 101: Design Basics with Wendy Butler Berns
- The Couture Dress with Susan Khalje
- Jean-ius: Reverse Engineer Your Favorite Fit with Kenneth D. King
- Knit Sock Workshop with Donna Druchunas
- Machine Quilting: Free Motion & More with Wendy Butler Berns
- Quilting Big Projects on a Small Machine with Ann Petersen
- Quick-Strip Paper Piecing with Peggy Martin
- Quilting Quickly Level II with Jenny Doan
- Rigid Heddle Weaving with Angela Tong
- Scrap Quilting with Pepper Cory
- Sew Retro: Perfect Bombshell Dresses with Gretchen Hirsh
- Sew Retro: The Starlet Suit Jacket with Gretchen Hirsh
- Wee Ones: Seamless Knit Toys with Susan B. Anderson
What’s particularly neat about this update is that there are now features useful for all Craftsy users, including the ability to search class lessons by any word, phrase or subject you may want to find within the class!
Let’s take a quick tour of how to make the most of Closed Captioning on Craftsy.
First, to launch Closed Captioning, click the “CC” box you see in the photo above in the red box. This will appear below the area to take a video note if Closed Captioning is available for a given class.
Once you click the “CC” button to launch Closed Captioning, you’ll see a transcript of the video load. This is where the fun starts! As your instructor speaks, you’ll see the text your instructor is speaking highlighted in the transcript. You can click any section of the text to skip forward or back in the video and watch that line in context. You can toggle AutoScroll in the top-right of this area, or increase and decrease the font size in the top-left.
If you have a question or can’t find the section of the class you’re looking for, try using the video search in the very top-right of your screen where you see a box, “Search this class.” Type what you’re looking for, click “Go” and you’ll see a list of results where that question, phrase or keyword appears in the class.
From these search results, you can click the clip that’s most relevant to what you’re looking for. This is a handy tool to use for all users, so we encourage you to give it a try and let us know what you think!
Stay tuned as we’re getting ready to release an additional set of classes, more than doubling the number of classes we’ll have with Closed Captioning and video search!