Cute New Book Alert! “Sew What you Love” by Tanya Whelan

Posted by on Dec 20, 2011 in Sewing | Comments

The most adorable sewing book just came across my desk, and I have to tell you about it!  It’s called “Sew What You Love” and is just full of adorable projects!  I can’t wait to try my hand at making these:

I love a skirt that’s fitted at the waist and full through the hips! This look is so flattering on everyone.  The instructions for the skirt include the pattern, cutting layout help, and detailed step – by – step  instructions … with diagrams! I feel like I really could not go wrong making this skirt!

This go-to-top or dress is so darling, and, after reading the instructions I can see that it’s SO EASY!  It doesn’t LOOK easy in this picture.  It actually has very few pieces and a very clever construction style that add up to create a very great-fitting finished garment!

There are really so many cute-cute-cute things to make in this book…where do I start?

From the publisher:

Sewing is hotter than ever, with an estimated thirty-nine million American women owning sewing machines. Designer Tanya Whelan is known for blending the romance of the past with a contemporary edge, and her vintage-modern aesthetic has made her fabrics and sewing patterns some of the most admired by sewers and quilters everywhere. In her first book, SEW WHAT YOU LOVE: The Easiest, Prettiest Projects Ever (Potter Craft, $24.99, on sale December 27, 2011) she offers a stylish collection of 30 sewing projects that can all be made using simple sewing techniques.

Ranging from a chic pleated clutch to a flirty French-inspired day dress, easy blouses and skirts for little girls, and an easy-to-make ottoman, each project comes with step-by-step instructions and illustrations, inspiring photographs, and helpful tips. Included are three pattern sheets enclosed in a pattern pocket, providing everything you need to stitch something beautiful for friends, for family, or for yourself.

Comments

1. Heather says:

I think this book will go onto my “must have” list! TFS!

2. Lynda Loomis says:

Life is too short! You should ONLY sew what you love!

3. Johanna Cody says:

…..Will certainly want a copy of this helpful lil book……years ago Simplicity came out with a wonderful sort easy comfortable dress simple to make ….just wonder if any one remembers…
    it was like a summer easy 2 make …was a wrap around affect and 3 large type holes for a sleeve and you put your arms into one hole on each side then brought the separate lg flap like piece around so that you would be putting one of your arms in it [the hemmed hole] which was to be the third sleeve opening ……making a wrap around dress that didnt need fastners caus the wrap around served as closure………hope some one remembers this …thought still had the pattern but cant find it and now my sister has said she thought it was a specialty item thru Hancocks early on ……dont know but it was a quick pattern and it was comfortable, believe depending on the size it took like 4 yards of material…..hope to here from someone on this

4. Johanna Cody says:

Thanks….if someone knows about this pattern

5. carol nelson says:

I’d like to join but I’m not giving anyone my password…why would you need this??

1. Stefanie Japel says:

We don’t want your email password, you just need to create a Craftsy password to access your own info on the site.

6. Anne says:

Is this book available in New Zealand, if so which shops?

1. Ase says:

It’s available at amazon – and they ship everywhere I guess? I ordered my copy to come to Norway….

7. Terry Moyer says: